An Overcast Afternoon in Australia to the Blue Skies of Paradise

Brisbane to Kona

So a couple of days ago I decided to get a sub again because I wanted to fly more often, and try the 77F and LR. I thought of a random route that I wanted to try, Brisbane to Kona. I’m not too sure why I chose Brisbane but I’ve always like the approach and departure from it leaving the East coast of Australia. I wanted to try the Southern Air 77F because I think it is a really underrated livery, the white fuselage with yellow tail and Charcoal gray lettering looks really good in my opinion. I left Brisbane in the late afternoon, overflew New Caledonia and Fiji (where there were no good views unfortunately), where the sun set, and then rose over the vast Pacific. I took a very wide angle approach into Kona so I flew just off the coast of Maui and then turned in for my favorite approach, the Visual to runway 17 at PHKO where I landed just after 9:30 AM local time. Flight time was 8 hours and 36 minutes.

🇦🇺 🇺🇸

Flight Details

YBBN-PHKO • BNE-KOA
Brisbane to Kona
Southern Air 6643 Heavy
Boeing 777-200F
4,084 NM
8:36
@JulianB @Philippe_Gilbert @Ur_Friendly_Approach

At the stand on an overcast spring afternoon

Gear up! Taking loads of cargo to the paradise of Hawaii

Over the pacific the sun sets and gleams off the underside of the wing

After a few hours of darkness the sun rises and reflects off the brand new controls of the 777

Turning on descent into Kona over the island of Maui

Gear down in the unsurprisingly blue autumn (not that it makes a difference in Hawaii) sky

Applying the reversers in front of the volcano of Hualalai!

Please leave comments because I’m sitting here bored in Biology class

Which of these is NOT A TOWN on the Big Island of Hawaii

• Moana
  • Captain Cook
  • Volcano

0 voters

The answer to the last question was Air France which 28% got correct!

29 Likes

Yay, Noah’s sub is back! Awesome photos!

3 Likes

Big Island is my favorite place on the planet, and my family plans on moving there soon enough 😍, planned on visiting many of the Hawaiian islands for the 6-7th time this year, but Corona came at us full force 😭. Fantastic pictures, gives me a bit of nostalgia.

1 Like

I love Hawaii.

2 Likes

@Butter_Boi I’m excited too! 😂

@ShaneAviation I wish I could move to Hawaii so you’re really lucky! Except with Covid, that ruined everything everywhere lol

@Rolls it’s awesome!

2 Likes

Great to have you back with a subscription! The B777 looks really great and is especially dynamically looking in the last picture. Very well done as always. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

He be BAAACK
Very beautiful photos

1 Like

@JulianB thanks Julian! I’m happy to get a sub back too 😂 . I think yhe 77F looks really good, it’s little to stubby for great photos if that makes sense lol

@ILOVE7879-2.0 I baaaack. And shockingly, I posted Kona

1 Like

These are so gooooood 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

1 Like

Beautiful Photos Noah!

Focus in Biology Class. 👀

jk lol

1 Like

Damnnn, nice shots @NoahM!

1 Like

Hmm, why is there no gear tilt?

1 Like

I do understand what you mean.
It’s definitely not as sleek as the A350 ;)

1 Like

@KindaTartySliceOfPie thank youuuuu!!

@MJP_27 i focused for a little bit, it’s just sooooo boring 😂

@Andy_R thank you! The reason there isn’t gear title is because I flew the route using my IPhone 6s, which I didn’t download beta on because I didn’t want the flight to crash. When I sent the replay to my iPhone 11 with Beta, the plane was all updated, except it didn’t have gear tilt for some reason. I reflew the approach into Kona using my iPhone 11 for photos, but not the departure

3 Likes

Oh ok, I see.

1 Like

I’m not sure why it is but it was a frustrating surprise when I opened the replay 😂

1 Like

Yeah, its odd.

1 Like