An Orange Tokyo Sunrise to an Approach in the Mountains of Hong Kong

TOKYO NARITA to HONG KONG

So I’m sorry but I don’t have any April Fools Jones 😔. But back on Saturday, when Hong Kong was a featured airport, I decided to fly in from Tokyo. Japan Air flies their 787s to Hong Kong from Narita, so I decided to fly that route too, I timed my departure to be at 4:30 PM EST, which was the sun was rising in Tokyo, we flew South past Mt Fuji and southern Japan, Over Taiwan and down into Hong Kong. I used the JA 787-9 and flight time was 4 hours and 7 minutes

Flight Details

RJAA-VHHH • NRT-HKG
Tokyo Narita to Hong Kong
Japan Air 26 Heavy
Boeing 787-9
@JulianB

🇯🇵 • 🇭🇰

To make my flight plan for this route, I actually used a really helpful website called Flightplan.org to customize it so I could fly by Taiwan and Eastern China on my way into Hong Kong

Lifting out of Japan as the sun rises Climbing all the way to 42,000 feet as we fly by one of the most symbolic places in Japanese culture, Mt Fuji
Flying south past the active volcano of Kagoshima Over the City of Taipei as we fly south toward the foggy Central Mountain Range of Taiwan Surprisingly enough, fog rolled in as we cruised high above Taiwan making for some breathtaking views Descending into Hong Kong past the old and famous Kai Tak Airport Putting the gear down as we are trailed by a British Airways A380 from London approaching runway 7L Crossing the runway threshold as a Finnair A350 waits to takeoff Touching down in front of a Cathay 747!

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

Which of these pranks was pulled off as a part of an April Fools joke?

• Taco Bell Claiming they Bought the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, renaming it the “Taco Liberty Bell”
  • Barack Obama publicly stating that the United States sold Hawaii to China in 2014 in exchange for $25,000 and a Turkey
  • Emirates Announcing that they would no longer be flying to the United States after 2007 due to a “lack of alcohol to serve on flights”

0 voters

23 Likes

Need to be first

2 Likes

Great photos I love the last photo the Cathay Pacific looks so good.

1 Like

Sweet! you added kai tak

1 Like

DON’T CLICK THE LINK 😂🔥

TrUsT mEEEEEEEEEE

1 Like

Those are great pictures on the other hand! Great route.

DON’T YOU GUYS DARE EVEN CLICK DAT LINK, REMEMBER TODAY IS APRIL 1ST…

1 Like

I need Context?

1 Like

I thought you were joking so I clicked it…

1 Like

Very nice as always! I live Mt. Fuji.

I also found a typo. This may be what we need to rename some of our community members after today

1 Like

@GameBoy_KIRB

1 Like

Yeh no. Haha. Good one, @NoahM… 😏

1 Like

@Pertonics thanks! I think Cathay is a really cool livery whether it’s the new one or old one!

@GameBoy_KIRB it’s always fun to see Kai Tak on approach into Hong Kong!

@SB110 what wrong with the link? It just shows the website where I made my flight plan

@snoman thank you! I love seeing Mt Fuji! And I should change April Fools Jones :D

3 Likes

Is this still a meme? 😂😂

Great shots anyways!

1 Like

Yep, it’s the most beautiful (song) website to create FPLs…

:P

2 Likes

This one is just…

Wow.

2 Likes

Told you, but you didn’t listen

1 Like

I never gonna give you up ;)

Fantastic pictures as always. Such a sleek aircraft (evnthough it isn’t a A350). Hard to pick a favourite here, but I’ll go with this one:

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@anon9524891 I love rickrolling giving good websites to everyone, all the time! 🤣

@Tsumia thanks! It was cool to have an almost parallel approach, especially next to an A380 like that!

3 Likes

🎵NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP, NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN, NEVER GONNA TURN AROUND, OR DESERT YOUUUU!🎵

And the 787 is my favorite aircraft in Rea life, the A350 is obviously better in IF, I love the engines especially, they’re beautiful 😍

3 Likes

Well considering that I like Japan, and I like the 787 then I’d say this round of screenshots are 9/10. It could have been 10/10 had you used the ANA 787.

1 Like