An Old [Expletive] Visiting Brussels (BRU/EBBR)

It’s-a me Mar- I mean… Tim, yes… that.

Anyway hello again! Welcome back to another mediocre spotting topic created by yours truly… a nobody. If you didn’t see my last topic… well, what have you been doing? Get on that!: A… Questionable (?) Visitor At Brussels .

As you may remember, on the 9th and 10th of April I went to Brussels for two special planes. This topic will be about the 9th of April.

You might be able to guess the aircraft from the title, or if you follow me on Instagram or check me out on JetPhotos (which by the way, you totally should), you’ll have seen it already.

Anyway I’ve been droning on too long, probably already boring you to death. So yeah, these shots are edited because of course they are.

Basic information:

• Landing runways: 25L and 25R
  • Departing runway: 25R
  • Camera: Fujifilm X-T2
  • Lens: Fujifilm XF 100-400mm

And now, get ready to see a swear word in plane form.

To start off with, this beautiful Canadian from the Baltics. An Air Baltic Bombardier CS300 (YL-ABD) that just touched down after a flight from Riga International Airport (RIX/EVRA).

Then after that, I decided to take some photos of this beauty again. This ECAir Boeing 757-200 (HB-JJE), currently owned by Privatair, has been sitting here sad and abandoned since the 17th of December 2015. Currently the only passenger 757 that can be seen at Brussels on a regular basis, which is sad in it’s own right…

Alright alright, pull yourself together Tim… oh you’re still here? Fantastic. Let’s bring some wide-body action into this! This Delta Boeing 767-300ER (N172DZ) making a smokey touchdown on 25L after a long flight from New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK/KJFK).

And next up is a plane we usually wouldn’t get in normal circumstances. This Iberojet Airbus A320 (EC-LZD) passing by our iconic tower after flying in from Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport (MAD/LEMD), operating a flight for Air Europa.

Next up, another Canadian! This time a Nordic one, more specifically an SAS Bombardier CRJ-900 (EI-FPU) arriving from Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup (CPH/EKCH).

Another exciting arrival! One of Africa’s newest aircraft, a Tunisair Airbus A320neo (TS-IMX) named after it’s departure airport, Tunis–Carthage Airport (TUN/DTTA).

And now another African arrival! This one is actually very special to me, since this exact aircraft started my JetPhotos career. The beautiful Rwandair Airbus A330-300 (9XR-WP) being illuminated by a perfect gap in the clouds, after buttering the bread on 25L coming from Kigali International Airport (KGL/HRYR).

Let me show you another common, but impressive visitor in the form of this Emirates Boeing 777-300ER (A6-EQK) seconds before a firm touchdown after flying from Dubai International Airport (DXB/OMDB).

And now, possibly one of the most beautiful aircraft ever built.

After a few minutes of waiting to let the wake turbulence clear, the small but mighty Carpatair Fokker F100 (YR-FZA) touched down from Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport (BUD/LHBP) and gave me the chance at getting the best shots of any Fokker I’d ever seen (which is only 2 airframes).

JetPhotos approved image right here, literally.

And that’s the end of that! I hope your eyes survived such standard and boring shots, but that’s just how I do things. I was extremely happy to be able to catch a Fokker in actual good conditions and even operational!

Anyway I do hope you liked my photos enough to not file an online restraining order against me. If you did, do let me know! Let me go and plug my socials again.

My Instagram:

My JetPhotos Profile:

See you next time everyone!

38 Likes

How come that 757 has been sitting for so long ? It may as well be scrapped.

3 Likes

This could be explained by the fact, that the owner has been bankrupt since 2018 🥲

Love this aircraft so much! It got me into aviation, because my first flights were mostly with the Austrian F100 which then got replaced by the E195s ☹️

2 Likes

You can just see the tears of sadness

Poor 757 😔

3 Likes

Ah, yes, I’ve got the little Fokker in sight!

4 Likes

Well, ECAir leased it from Privatair (a Swiss leasing company) before they ceased operations. Not sure about anything else, but it’s not the only ECAir (or Congolese aircraft) to be stored at Brussels.

@MxP yeah, it’s a nice livery though, so I don’t mind being able to take photos of it.

And yes, the F100 is a great little plane. Wish I could’ve seen Austrian operate them here, but I didn’t start spotting soon enough for that.

@BlueThunder08 sad indeed. I just hope something good comes out of it, and it won’t just be taken appart. But I doubt it really, concidering the state it’s in…

@MrMrMan quite the sight isn’t it.

3 Likes

Nice pictures as always @T1MMY4L1F3_YT ! EBBR is really a place I want to go for spotting

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think that 757 is going back to the skies.

1 Like

Thank you! It’s definitely worth trying if you’re able and close by. There might not be as much traffic as, let’s say Amsterdam, but there is quite a decent amount of variety. So I definitely recommend it.

@BlueThunder08 yeah the chances of that are very low. I genuinely have no idea what they’ll do with it though, or when for that matter.

1 Like

Yeah their probably going to scrap it or a miracle might happen and some airline or some private owner could by it but the chances are very low

1 Like

I absolutely loved these picture; however what happened to the ECAir 757 was quite unfortunate. I hope they will at least do something with it (e.g. convert it into a museum or crew training facility), instead of sending the 757 straight to the scrapyard.

1 Like

Welcome back Mar- uhhhh…Tim. Love the photos!

1 Like

Indeed they are. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

@TheGlobalAviator thank you! And yes, very unfortunate. It could very well be used as some sort of emergency training aircraft for the fire department, since they only have 2 small little AVRO RJ100s at the moment. I know that from 1991 until 2003 they used an old TEA Airbus A300 (the second A300 prototype even) as a fire training aid, so there’s a chance. But who knows.

@Adventures thank you very much!

1 Like