An off-topic category for TL1-3

We should have a place for off-topic post that’s avalible to members. What do you guys think About this?

I don’t think this is necessary; this is, after all, a forum for Infinite Flight (there are tons of forums out there for discussing other things, and sites like Reddit for going really off-topic).
We already opened up a bit by creating the RWA category, which seems to be used well.

In addition, I think being able to go really off-topic is something we should keep as a privilege for our most active members (Regulars); it encourages people to stick around a bit and get to know this place better (and it gives the trust level system some more purpose) :)

That being said, nothing stopping you guys from talking about anything off-topic via PM.

7 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Ahhh no. Unfortunately @HV9690 was going mad after Dunkin Donuts…

4 Likes

1 Like

We need an IRC-like chat, lightly moderated so you can chat about anything within reason.

Gonna stick with this, thanks Cam

4 Likes

Nahhhhhhhhhhhh man Lol

That’s not a bad idea imho. It’s not just a forum for IF but it’s a community. Why can’t we just talk together about the local weather or whatever 😀

As we are a community we are supposed to communicate and this shouldn’t be only simulator based.

Edit: Of course it shouldn’t be just for regulars (at least as long I’m still a basic 😂)

Since when does this exist?

2 Likes

You’re right we are a community, but an off topic category isn’t the answer. What you’re looking for is more of a shout box concept, which I would love! Sadly I don’t think that’s possible on this forum:(

Secret thing? Haven’t heard anything of it.

2 Likes

I do my best to raise my trust level 😉

Good to hear that from a fellow Scot (despite the mismatching profile pic)

Have you been on the Eggnog Ian? I was once a Regular and I can confirm this place doesn’t exist.

1 Like

He must be at Dinky Donuts (The UK equivalent in a local city) if you know what I mean…

3 Likes

Personally I think that’s what gets in the way of this ‘community’ being more of a community- the lack of small talk which gets people to form bonds/groups/friendships.

I used to be part of a Mike Mccready forum (I’m a guitarist that was very in to pearl Jam:)) where most of the talk on the forum was off topic - because people like talking to other people with similar interests (we all like IF, why can’t I talk to like-minded people about something other than IF… Or should I join another forum and the community loses again (I suppose that’s up for debate in my case :p)… Personally it annoys me to think that I could have someone block a thread of mine for not being about the right conversation…seems a bit power trippy… And what annoys me more is the opinion that we shouldn’t have something because it means that those that don’t want it would have to go to the trouble of simply ignoring that category…Just my opinion though, I don’t begrudge anyone else’s :)

Peanut gallery

1 Like