An incredibly scenic non-stop flight from Paris to Tahiti

1) I decided to fly what could become the longest non-stop route in the world. Air Tahiti Nui was looking to start a direct flight to Paris, as it would remove the need for a layover in Los Angeles, however, none of their aircraft have enough range to make the flight. Air France also flies from Paris to Tahiti via LAX, but I wanted to see if I could make it all the way on an Air France 777-200ER with low weight.

2) Server: Expert, Aircraft: Air France 777-200ER, Route: CDG (LFPG) - PPT (NTAA), Flight time: 18:01, Distance Flown: 15,710 kilometres

3) Photos
Taxi and takeoff in Paris

Over the Rocky Mountains

Approaching the eastern Tahitian islets

Approach at PPT

Landing in Tahiti

30 Likes

Nice photos!

4 Likes

The Papeete islands are one of my favorite scenic spots in Infinite Flight.

Air Tahiti Nui I believe also does this route with their Dreamliner.

4 Likes

It is a great scenic place in IF. However, Air Tahiti Nui still has a stop in LAX

2 Likes

Yeah both Air Tahiti and Air France have a stopover in Los Angeles. I’ve flown this before but the opposite way and with the stopover in Los Angeles. It is a awesome flight.

2 Likes

Honestly wow love them.

1 Like

I love the photos it’s very nice
Good job 👏👏👏👏

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m planning on flying this route in December (MSP-LAX-PPT-BOB) On Delta, Air France, and then Air Tahiti for the island hop.

1 Like

The Island Ring photo is awesome!

1 Like

Nice pictures!
I’m pretty sure SQ22 would still be longer though, since it’s over 16,000km.

Thanks for the compliment! Also, I was just using google maps and it said the distance was ~15,300 from SIN-EWR vs ~15,700 from PPT-CDG

Interesting, maybe that’s the direct distance, while mine was the distance of the actual fight (since it goes over the North Pole).

1 Like

Yeah they’ll both probably have different distances than the actual direct distance

Thats a pretty interesting route, and great pics!

1 Like

The descent rate in Photo 6 is a bit disturbing…

but otherwise…nice photos!

2 Likes

Yeah, I was doing a manual landing and accidentally decended a bit quickly- I like the picture though