An improved Infinite Flight Live experience

In a continuous effort to improve the Infinite Flight Live experience for the wide variety of users it attracts, we are going to perform some modifications in the way you get and maintain access the different type of server available (free, playground and advanced).

So far we have relied on 2 metrics in order to grant access to both Playground and Advanced server: XP and standing. While they were efficient at the beginning in order to only get ppl with a good amount of experience on the more advanced servers, it became clear that they are no longer enough to properly attest of the pilot willingness to fly respectfully and to follow the rules which is critical to ensure a great pilot and controller experience. We need a more gradual path to becoming a good pilot to make sure that by the time you reach the more advanced servers, you can properly follow ATC instruction.

In the coming weeks we are going to experiment with a new server access pattern based on “Grade”. If you are familiar with “Trust Levels” on this forum, “Grades” will be very similar: your grade will depend on a series of very straightforward factors and you can be automatically promoted or demoted depending on those.

So far we have established the following factors:

• XP
  • Total flight time
  • Total landing count
  • Flight time in past 90 days
  • Landing count in past 90 days
  • Violations in past 24 hours
  • Violations in past 7 days
  • Ghosting/flag in past 24 hours
  • Ghosting/flag in past 7 days

Each grade has specific requirements; for example, Grade level 2 could require:

• 1000 XP
  • 30min total flight time
  • 25 total landings
  • No requirement on the past 90 days
  • No requirement on violations
  • Max 3 ghosting/flag in the past 24 hours

Grade level 3 could be:

• 10000 XP
  • 10 hours total flight time
  • 50 total landings
  • 1 hours of flight time in the last 90 days
  • 3 landings in the last 90 days
  • Max 2 violations in the past 24 hours
  • Max 1 ghosting/flag in the past 24 hours

Those are only examples and we are still looking at the data and working closely with our top pilots and controllers to make sure the requirement for each grade level can effectively match a pilot ability to fly respectfully and follow procedures.

With those grade levels in place, each server (free, playground, advanced) will only allow ppl with a specific minimum grade level and the requirements will be clearly exposed on the server description in game.

If you are a respectful pilot who is willing to follow rules/procedures, makes occasional mistakes here and there, this shouldn’t affect you in any way (only in the fact that other pilots around you should be respectful as well). If it does, we will continue to tweak and improve the factors as we gather more information about how it affects the quality of the experience on each server.

Let us know what you think, we are really looking forward to an even more fun experience in Infinite Flight Live!

Happy landings.

62 Likes

Sounds like a great idea. Can’t wait for a better Live! :)

1 Like

Absolutely amazing idea hats off to whoever came up with it. I can smell better live already lol ✈️✈️

2 Likes

This sounds awesome.

Looks like a good idea! This will be interesting to see how it works out!

I’m looking forward to seeing how this venture works out. This whole thing is just a constant reminder of how Infinite Flight continues to grow and expand and strive towards our ultimate goal of realism (within parameters of specific servers- the advanced, namely). Keep up the great work, guys! This should be fun.

1 Like

I can’t wait!! Being a playground ATC may not be such a pain anymore… We just have to see if it works :)

1 Like

If you go on the less popular regions there are usually less nimrods.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to the new changes. Great improvement over just XP and standing.

Sorry @StikLover2 didn’t mean to tag you

This sounds great I can’t wait but it will be hard for me to get a good numbers of landings each week due to school but I will always try☺

1 Like

Yay! No more trolls! (Hopefully)

1 Like

Sounds like an excellent idea. I suggest to take into account, when the ghosting is made by an experienced ATC and when not, to protect pilots statistics from beginners ATCs.

1 Like

Loving this. Hopefully the requirements for the Advanced server are quite strict.

I think this was the best way to go about the problem, hopefully it works out.

Your grade level might impact the weight on your flags meaning that if a pilot who is grade level 5 flags someone, it counts twice as much (example).

We might remove the ability to directly ghost and instead open “flagging” to everyone (of a certain grade level) and ghosting will automatically happen if a user receive a certain amount of flags in the past X minutes / hours / days. ATC will have more weight and an experienced ATC flag could result in an immediate ghosting. The advantage here is that we can tweak the thresholds as we go.

9 Likes

Unfortunately there is no silver bullet here. We have to make it strict enough for experienced users to enjoy the experience but easy enough for newbies to be willing to become better and join our growing community of expert pilots. This is something that is tough to balance and no one did it for a flight simulator before :)

5 Likes

Why not just make it the same way you seek Advanced ATC, give pilots a server to practice on and when they feel ready they can be given a test by a senior member that has proven he is here to play seriously and when they start trolling, breaking rules, etc…kick them off. I take the game seriously and really want to enjoy my time with other serious fellow controllers and pilots but don’t have the time to dedicate to get 25,000 XP it will take me months so I just play in solo mode where I can enjoy peace and quiet.

An example I was thinking of is in an controlled region (staffed with ATC) schedule a certain amount of candidates a short flight gate to gate and rate them on their ability to file a flight plan, listen to instructions and proper interaction given to them by Ground, Tower, Departure, Center, and Approach controllers and with the other pilots in-game will simulate a busy session and aircraft traffic and see how they handle it. Passing candidates get the senior members approval and are given access into the server and the ones who failed get pointers on what to practice and can be allowed to retest in 2-3 days and try again.