An important reminder of our community guidelines

Fellow pilots and controllers!

With such a vibrant and growing community, good moderation is a must. There are basic rules that we all have to accept in order to have a productive and respectful exchange. Below are general guidelines to keep in mind along with our FAQ that we expect our community to follow:

Treat Others with Respect

Treat others the way you would like to be treated and respect your fellow community members. Being friendly goes a long way, no matter where you are. Rather than call people out, offer constructive criticism on how they can improve. Being nice and treating people with respect can greatly impact the growth and success of this community.

Keep it Clean

Infinite Flight has a broad audience so we need to make sure we keep it clean for our pilots of all age and culture: no profanity, racism or sexually explicit content - ever. Please keep your posts appropriate.

Trolls and spam

Do not provoke or bait ppl into arguments. Do not bash other individual users and always be respectful to our staff and moderator team, they are working very hard and are here to help.

Flagging

Only flag a post when it is clear that it doesn’t follow our guideline from the FAQ or from this very post. Do not flag just because you disagree with a post/comment.

Discussing moderation actions

Do not dispute the actions of moderators publicly on the forum. They are only here to make this community a better place. If you feel one of your post was wrongfully flagged, PM a mod to appeal your case in a calm and respectful manner, we are happy to help.

19 Likes

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

8 Likes

Well done Philippe this needed to be made clear to everyone.

1 Like

maybe remove the “dissmiss” part of the banner ;)

8 Likes

The community was due for a reminder of this for a while, glad it has happened.

3 Likes

Indeed. With such a growing community this is something that needs to happen every now and then.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Can I leave it there, or is dismiss an acknowledgement?

Hope your weekend is peaceful, from Northern California!

Might seem like a stupid question, however I still want to ask …

Can I leave the banner up, or is the action of dismissal acknowledgement of receipt? Thank-you 😎

Please don’t contribute in an argument, use the flag icon please. I’m sure you know what topic I am talking about. Save your energy and just flag the posts :)

2 Likes

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

After all that’s happend this week this topic and a few others definitely need to be dusted off. So here goes

1 Like