An Early Morning in the Big Apple to the Blue Sky of the Aloha State

So first of all, yes, I know Newark is in New Jersey and technically not New York City, but it’s considered one of NYCs airports. A few days ago I flew Newark to Honolulu in the United 767. I would’ve flown JFK-HNL, but we don’t have the Hawaiian A330 so I just flew out of Newark with United, which is a route they fly with their 767s. I took off before school at around 6:30 AM, went to school, came home, watched some golf and then played some basketball with my friends and when I came back it was time to descend. I flew West out of Newark, over Denver and just north of San Francisco before flying Southwest toward Oahu. My flight time was an insanely long 10 Hours and 41 Minutes.

Flight Details

KEWR-PHNL
Newark to Honolulu
United Airlines
Boeing 767-300
10 Hours 41 Minutes

The landing lights and tail lights shine through the early morning sky
The golden yellow sunlight shines off the 767 as we fly over central Pennsylvania The sandy deserts of Nevada as we fly over at 30,000 feet The mountains of Redding in Northern California Crossing the Coast after about 6 hours in the air
Blue sky and blue water all around as we cruise over the Pacific Ocean The 5 Million year old Hawaiian Island chain as we start descending toward Honolulu The Island of Oahu beneath, Oahu is the most populous of the islands with a population of 975,000 people On the ground in Hawaii almost 11 hours after leaving Newark Happy to be in Honolulu with a cloudy 30 degree day back in Newark

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

32 Likes

Also, I’m running out of scenic routes to fly so if you have any please let me know!

2 Likes

You could try Alaska.

Great job with those photos once again, @NoahM!

2 Likes

Wonderful photos!

Also, I recommend flying west or north out of New Orleans (KMSY), such as to Houston.

1 Like

I love the scenery in Honolulu it’s beautiful😍 great pics! 👍🏽

1 Like

You should fly around Puerto Rico or fly in the Aleutian Chain in Alaska.

1 Like

You could fly LIH-SJC (Lihue to San Jose) with Southwest! They launched the route today!

2 Likes

Nice pics! 😀 liked the edit in the first one 👍👌

1 Like

If you love Honolulu you should go sign up for my event 😉

Also @NoahM a great place to fly is GA at LOWZ, wow I gotta say that place is fantastic!

1 Like

That United Beauty!

1 Like

Thanks! And I’m thinking about flying around Alaska in the Arctic Camo A10!

1 Like

MSY-HOU with Southwest sounds like a fun one

1 Like

Yes it is, thanks!

1 Like

The Aleutian Islands are fun to fly around! Anchorage to Adak is one of my favorites

1 Like

You know I love Hawaii 😂

Thank you! :)

1 Like

I do love Honolulu and I am signed up for your event 😉

1 Like

Ugh, if you had replied earlier, I would’ve waited for you 😂
I just took off from LIH heading to SJC on Southwest 😂

But yeah, that’s a good route to try out…especially because Southwest just launched service today
They will launch SJC-KOA tomorrow!

1 Like

I was actually flying Toronto to San Francisco so I wouldn’t have been able to any way. And yes I looked to make sure there were no flights from Toronto to San Jose before I flew to SFO 😉

And I might fly San Jose to Kona tomorrow if it’s the first flight!

It would be nice if you flew SJC-KOA because it’s the inaugural flight on Southwest tomorrow!

Btw, San Jose will have Toronto service in May! 😃

1 Like