An ATC warning if someone approaches to the wrong runway

This would be useful if someone taxied into your runway and they need to change your approach, and on TS1.

1 Like

Totally agree on this. When I am controlling, people frequently either line up for the wrong runway or hold short the wrong runway. Having this command for both tower and ground would be a big help!

1 Like

I usually give a go around, “enter straight in correct runway” or “follow instructions” command. Most of the time this works for me. But yeah this definitely would be useful, it’s happened a lot of times to me.

1 Like

I do use the pattern instructions on tower to redirect them to the correct runway too. However I think sometimes people think I just misunderstood / made a mistake. Most of the time if I keep reissuing the pattern instructions they eventually comply. I also use “wait clearance before landing”. Of course there are a bunch of people that just want to do what they want to do and no commands (on training server) will help.

I don’t think “follow instructions” is available on training server. I think that now exists only on expert.

Ground is tougher since, as tower, there is nothing other than “hold short” to redirect people. I presume some set of people really think they are holding short the right runway and I am just trying to tell them to be patient.

In reality I am trying to tell them this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_akwHYMdbsM. :)

“You’re going the wrong way!!”
“He’s drunk. How would he know where we are going??”
“Yeah. How would he know where we are going?”
[Trunks heading towards them]
“You are going in the wrong direction!!!”
“You are going to kill somebody!!!”

1 Like