An Approach Cut-Short?

Hello all!

Seoul is the capital city of South Korea and one of Asia’s main cities. Seoul is geographically very close to North Korea, the isolated state that won’t allow aircraft over their airspace.

Seoul’s primary airport, Incheon is located with the on a peninsula to the west of the city, with the departure route from 33L/R and 34 pointing into North Korea. This is not much of a problem as there is plenty room for a turn away from it. On landing however, the ILS (assuming ICN has ILS 15L/R and 16 as its a major hub) would pass through the DMZ into North Korea (or be pretty close). So my question is, does Seoul Incheon use the the runways with a whole country in the way?

Am guessing that those approaches are not used unless you want a plane full of holes from North Korea. But don’t know got certain!

1 Like

I watched on Flightradar24 before to watch the approach vectoring but I think a different runway was being used, I’d advise to keep checking that to see the procedure.

Ps. are you the new @dush19?

2 Likes

Lol, not the new Dush!

2 Likes

If the departure path were to pass close to North Korea, I’m sure there would be some sort of agreement with airspace, else they wouldn’t have built it where they did.

1 Like

They’re all approaching from the south side.

1 Like

For incheon you completely avoid N.Korea and fly down China and cut across into South Korean airspace

1 Like

That’s probably due to the current wind conditions.

Bit dated, but I think that the warning gets the point across: http://www.uvairlines.com/admin/resources/charts/RKSI.pdf

1 Like

LOL, What?!

Your profile pictures kind of match ;)

Anyways, when runway 22 is used at Haneda aircraft fly like a 0.5-1 mile final for noise abatement.

1 Like

you think so…?

1 Like

Spraking about Freddie’s and Dush’s profile pictures, then Yea, kind of.

yes but you where referring to mine and Dush’s profile pics being similar…?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.