An apology

@DS2001 and @Infinite_Josh (or whoever was CLXVA120), I’m so sorry for what I did today at EIDW on the Expert server. I couldn’t see the aircraft on the taxiway due to my poor WiFi disconnecting me from the servers constantly.

2 Likes

@DS2001 is Dylan NL, your ground controller!

@Infinite_Josh may have been CLXVA120, not so sure about that, maybe he could clarify that :)

1 Like

Made the edits, thanks for letting me know!

Wait, the Josh you mentioned says that one of his callsigns is CLXVA155, and he doesn’t mention CLXVA120 anywhere. I don’t think he’s the right Josh, but I’m not sure yet since he could perhaps possess two callsigns with the same VA (I suspect it’s unlikely but you never know 🤷🏻‍♂️)

He may have changed his callsign! Other than that I couldn’t find any Josh L

Thanks for the apology, I was about the report you for blocking the taxiway. As a GND controller I rely on the pilots to see where they can and can’t park, simple because I can’t say where I want you to park. So when you block 3 aircrafts for 3 mins, because you don’t want to park on that specific gate, then that becomes a problem. Luckily for you, you disappeared for me.

2 Likes

They changed the callsigns, my new one is CLXVA120 and I forgot to change it. Sorry For the confusion

2 Likes

I’m so sorry, I promise this doesn’t happen frequently with me. And thanks for not reporting me!

1 Like

Oh, no worries. And I should be sorry for ploughing through you. So I’m sorry about that.

Np! Try to look on the map more often and just chose the gate that is available, without being in the way of others as much as you can:)

1 Like

Doesn’t matter, if you have a bad internet connection it’s not you fault

1 Like

I think next time onwards I’m also gonna sit closer to my WiFi router. The thing is when I get disconnected from the servers, I don’t see any more aircraft both on the ground or on the map, nor am I able to hear any kind of ATC interaction. And that’s really unfortunate. I’m still sorry because although WiFi was a factor, it was my mistake not to assume the position of the aircraft, but from next time onwards I’ll try to sit closer to the router or use hotspot from my phone.

1 Like

No I still could have assumed your position. And I didn’t. So it is still my fault, even though WiFi was a factor.

I don’t remember you hitting me anyway 😂

1 Like

Oh ok 😂 (ten characters)

1 Like

You can prevent that for the next time by turning on the name tags on the live settings. This should help you. 👍

I had it on, but it doesn’t work when I get disconnected from the servers. Nevertheless, thanks for your input!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.