An apology to the IFC

Hello Everyone!

I am finally back after being away for a month, during which I took a lot of time to reflect on why I was having so many troubles here on IFC. Now I am back, and I have decided to take a new approach on how I will interact with users on the forum.

Before I was suspended, most people viewed me as being an annoying, immature and stubborn person but I am determined to change that image of mine to a better one. I already have a few ideas of what I will do to be more helpful on the forum and I can’t wait to try them out!

First of all, I decided to take a break from my “realism” during my time away. I came to the conclusion that after all this is a simulator and that people have the right to express their own thoughts about if they adhere to that or not and I’d like to apologize for forcing my opinion of realism on others. That being said, I will still continue to adhere to the rules of “realism” just because I find it so much more fun to replicate real-world flights but I do understand that not everyone thinks this way. I even took it as far as deliberately flying unrealistically just for the sake of trying something new, accepting the fact that this isn’t real life and that you are free to do whatever you want in the simulator. Even if you takeoff from a runway which isn’t used in real life or is in construction, it’s not the end of the world and you can still fly and have fun regardless.

Secondly, I’d like to owe a very strong and sincere apology towards @Tyler_Shelton and his lovely IFATC team for being so rude and disrespectful towards them. I used to post a lot of topics which were bashing controllers but I took a lot of time to admire them on the live server and I can assure you that it takes A LOT of coordination, discipline, and organization to control at these huge fly-out events or during the weekly FNF. Thank you for everything you do guys, this simulator just wouldn’t be the same without you!

Lastly, I owe an apology to the entire moderation team for taking so much of their time just to deal with my troubles. You guys are what keeps this forum standing and I’m sure you had other priorities than managing a user who doesn’t really know how to properly interact with people (in this case that was me). I’d like to thank them for suspending me as it has allowed me to think about my previous actions and correct them. If I had not been suspended I would still be that annoying, arrogant, stubborn and impatient person that I used to be. I feel that they may have potentially changed my teenage life for the better as I am now a better person in the real-world too so thank you so much guys for doing the right thing!

I’d like to express my most sincere condolences to anyone to whom I may have hurt, been disrespectful or generally negative towards. This isn’t a place for this kind of stuff, it’s rather a place for all of us to talk about aviation and our love for the wonderful Infinite Flight simulator. Really, I’m sorry.

On behalf of myself, thank you for taking time to read this and I truly hope you will all be kind enough to give me another chance to become a better person than the one I was before.

Sincerely,
Philippe

127 Likes

I accept your apology, hope to see you around!

5 Likes

Nice to see you’ve moved on! Hope to see you around.

3 Likes

Thanks for the apology, always remember that people are allowed to do what they like on the sim as long as they are in the correct server. and dont have to stick to realism.

3 Likes

I sure will. It can actually be fun to sometimes mess around and fly Air France in New Zealand for example…

2 Likes

Your biggest sin… centering all of that text. 😜

73 Likes

Well I haven’t seen you before on IFC, but regardless I think we are all ready to have you back! Everyone makes mistakes and it’s good to learn from them. Can’t wait to see you in the skies again!

3 Likes

So glad to have you back Phillippe!

2 Likes

Your apology is accepted hope to fly with you soon

2 Likes

Yeah this is ugly but the message will always be stronger than the form

Welcome back

If you haven’t messed up and got suspended at least once, are you really a IFC aficionados? (the answer is no but you got the point I hope)

5 Likes

Thanks for the apology. We are happy to have you back! See you in the skies!

2 Likes

Welcome back! I love how you are learning from your mistakes and using it to your advantage to improve. Clear skies!

5 Likes

It’s good to know that you are learning from your mistakes! Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

I don’t know you but I know it takes real courage to not only admit when your wrong but also face the people that you wronged . Your still young and got some growing to do but good to see your correcting it now before it gets worse . I applaud you and wish you the best

2 Likes

I honestly just felt that apologizing publicly was the best thing to do. I couldn’t not do anything, something had to change.

3 Likes

Welcome back! It’s great that you realised your mistakes. See you in the skies.

1 Like

I’m glad you have taken the time to reflect and I’m all for second chances. I wish you the best.

6 Likes

That’s a great apology, and I’m sure everybody will accept it! Can’t say I’ve seen you before, but glad to have you back!

1 Like

Glad to have you back. Hoping to see the changes you have outlined in this post.

3 Likes

It takes a good person to reflect on his mistakes, and then acknowledge the fact that he’s done wrong. But it takes a great person to act on this reflection and change for the better.

I fully accept your apology, and I’m glad to see you back, @Philippe_Gilbert! 😁

3 Likes