AN-24 with tailnumber RA-47366 and belonging to “Angara” airline carshed at Nigneangarsk airport.
Timeline of the crash:
- Angara’s AN-24 takes off from Nigneangarinsk airport (UIUN), heading to Irkutsk (UIII) with 43 people onboard.
- Shortly after takeoff pilots report left engine failure, requesting emergency landing.
- Plane touches down at Nigneangarinsk airport, exceding maximum landing speed by 50%, shortly after touchdown the tyres on the right landing gear go off andthe planeskids off the runaway to the right. Right landing gear collapses, plane crashes into treatment facilities, killing
both (2) pilotsand injuring at least 21 people, 9 of which were hospitalised.
- From DailyStorm: Angara had some issues and even lawsuits with the repair facilities. In february of 2019 the airline sued “Aramilsky aviacionniy remontniy zavod” (Aramilsky aviation repair factory, will be further called AARZ) for 1 million rubles because of bad repair. In 2008 AARZ was repairing another of their AN-24PB (RA-47302), which crashed-landed on the shore of Ob river in 2011, killing 5 out of 37 peolple onboard. That crash was caused by failure, and then fire in the left engine. AARZ admitted, that the repair was done badly, and that it caused the crash. (Piece of an article, simplified).
- From Russia Today: On April 25, 2010 low hydralic system pressure was reported during landing. The plane landed safely with the help of emergency hydralic system. 4 days after that during pre-start checks autofeathering was found not working on right engine. That day plane didn’t take off.
Photo and video
The footage might be graphic to some
photo and video
Video of landing:
Video of landing from airport CCTV:
Eyewitness talking about the landing:
Photos from the crash site
Photo of the treatment facilities, which the plane smashed into. Photo source #1
Photo of the burning wreckage Photo source #1
What is left from the plane Baza
21 injured: https://ria.ru/20190627/1555967274.html
9 hospitalised: https://ria.ru/20190627/1555972769.html
Photo source #1: https://ria.ru/20190627/1555962599.html
43 injured: https://t.me/breakingmash/12677
Dailystorm article: https://dailystorm.ru/obschestvo/angara-zhalovalas-na-nekachestvenniy-remont-dvigateley-samoletov-an-24
Baza (tyres): https://t.me/bazabazon/1359
Wikipedia (some info): https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Катастрофа_Ан-24_в_Нижнеангарске
Russia Today: https://t.me/rt_russian/16479
Constantly updated, text highlited in
red is incorrect and text in is correction