Ameriflight 2232 Flap Issue on Takeoff from LAX

According to my buddy, AMF 2232 was a scheduled part 135 cargo flight using a Embraer 120 Brasilia. While it was running the PHX-HMO-LAX-PHX. While it was departing LAX in IMC about 1300 feet, the airplane rolled to the right and an indication in the cockpit that there was a flap issue. While getting delayed vectors, the first officer ran the QRH and did checklists where it was than that the crew made the decision to divert to KONT for its long runways weather. All other airports close by had either low ceilings/short runways and inadequate insturment approaches. After being in IMC the whole flight, AMF 2232 made a safe landing followed by the Ontario airport fire department. IMG_3584 IMG_3585 IMG_3586

6 Likes

KONT isn’t KLAX lol. Wait I’m confusion, did it leave from La then head to Ontario?

1 Like

Yes I know. That was again from earlier today when they had the same issue. I just know more about yesterday than today’s

1 Like

Oh wow I didn’t know ameriflight goes to Lax. You Learn something new everyday. I’ve seen them at all the other small airports around it.

1 Like

Yah. He goes to KLAX a few times. I’m not sure why though

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.