American Virtual | Innovative New Crew Center

Hey! I applied, but I never got a response. Could someone help?

1 Like

New AAVA Partnerships!

The AAVA Staff Team is excited to announce the creation of three new partnerships for AAVA! We are proud to now be partnered with @Finnair_Virtual (FAVA), @JapanVirtualAirlines (JVA), and @QatarAirwaysVirtual (QRV)! Each of these partnerships brings something new to AAVA! FAVA and JVA are both providing us codeshares, adding 120+ new routes and 9 new aircraft to our database. Every single one of these codeshares is accurate with the real-life AA’s codeshares with these airlines. Although AA does not codeshare with Qatar, we will still be flying in co-events with their pilots, giving us new opportunities to explore the Middle East! We will also participate in events with our FAVA and JVA partners, opening up new relationships with our pilots. We’re excited to see what the future of these partnerships brings!

13 Likes

It is with great sadness that we announce that after more than ten months of service to AAVA, our beloved Vice President Tajay (TJ) has resigned from his position. TJ was a driving force for the VA and contributed to it greatly. Starting as a Pilot Manager, he instantly created positive relationships with our pilots and was constantly seen participating in the community, not to mention completing his tasks diligently and skillfully. Five successful months later, TJ was promoted to the role of Vice President, a role he continued to execute with the utmost professionalism for the next five months.

In his tenure as Vice President, TJ established several successful new programs for AAVA, in addition to continuing to foster a welcoming community. He devoted countless hours to our Type Rating program and new Behind the Scenes Flying program, always looking for new and innovative ideas to better the VA. TJ also aided in AAVA recruitment, welcoming every new pilot with great friendliness. TJ will leave a lasting legacy at AAVA, a legacy that will be remembered by all of us for the time to come. Read TJ’s full resignation letter here.

Despite our sadness at TJ’s departure, we are excited to announce that our Pilot Manager, Collin B, will be stepping into the role of Vice President. He is extremely hardworking and can be trusted with any task put forth to him. In his time as Pilot Manager, Collin maximized the efficiency of the VA, nearly doubled pilot activity, and created strong relationships with the rest of the AAVA community. Collin is also a student pilot with an excess of 50 hours and an IFATC member well versed in aviation. He will be operating alongside the veteran staff member, student pilot and former IFATC member, Dylan T. We know these two will work great together as a team, and we are excited to see what Collin will bring to AAVA as Vice President!

13 Likes

In spite of the United States restricting travel to/from Europe, excluding the United Kingdom, American Virtual will be suspending all flights to/from European Regions for a 30-day period. In addition, all flights to/from Asia, besides Tokyo (RJAA & RJTT), will be suspended until the restrictions are lifted. However, our codeshare partners will still remain in operation within European/Asian Regions. The following above restrictions are subject to change. Stay healthy, remain calm, and follow the recommendations of the CDC and WHO.
-American Virtual Staff Team

4 Likes

New Iberia Virtual Airlines Partnership!

We’re excited to announce a brand-new VA partnership for AAVA: @IberiaVirtual! In real life, Iberia is one of Oneworld’s biggest airlines and a strong partner of American Airlines, so our new partnership with IBVA is very realistic! With this new partnership comes over 200 accurate new codeshare routes, 5+ new aircraft (including the IB A359 ), and an opportunity to fly with new pilots. These new routes provide flights into fascinating and beautiful new destinations in Spain, the Canary Islands, and Europe. We’ll also be flying partner events with IBVA in the near future! We’re super excited for this partnership and can’t see where it takes us!

11 Likes

At Home with American Virtual (1)

At Home With American Virtual

As many of us are staying home because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we want you to know that American Virtual can offer you an escape- an escape to a whole new community. At AAVA, we’re a family, and we support each other through all types of hardships. Whether it’s talking to friends in our always-active Slack, flying in casual group flights or massive events with other AAVA pilots, or participating in our wide variety of flight and community competitions, being a pilot at American Virtual is a great experience. With 368 PIREPs filed in the last week alone (avg 53/day) and several events with 20+ attendees, our community is booming, and we’d love for you to be a part of it! During these tough times, we encourage everyone to follow the guidelines provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) and your local health agencies. We are stronger in numbers. Let’s play our part in suppressing COVID-19, and know that the AAVA community is here and ready to support you! Happy Flying!

10 Likes

Hey I’ve just applied through the apply link. I’ll get contacted by someone if I’m correct.

Yes. It may take up to 48 hours for a recruiter to contact you, however, it is likely that we will contact you before then.
-CB

1 Like

Ah my favourite North American airline, goodluck with the VA guys! :D

1 Like

Amazing thread 😁

2 Likes

Nice thread and it made me apply :D

1 Like

AtHomeWithAAVA

Monday afternoon, American Virtual and Iberia Virtual hosted our first partnership event from Chicago (KORD) to Washington (KDCA), bringing an excess of 30 pilots from both VAs. Flown our B737, A320, and A321, this event proved to be a memorable and enjoyable experience for both the pilots at IBVA and AAVA. We look forward to hosting future events with @IberiaVirtual, we had so much fun!

Apply Here!

Image from iOS (5)

More Pictures From Our Event

10 Likes

Hey, I’m thinking of joining AAVA.

Is there an activity requirement?

Hi! You have to file at least one flight a month.
-CB

Incredible airline!
I was inactive for a while but now I come with more desire to fly, could I come back please?

Of course! We ask that you re-apply to us, filling out the application and taking the test again.
-CB

Done, exam passed

5 Likes

I’ve just applied! Hope to join!

4 Likes

That’s looks great,it’s nice!

1 Like

I just applied! When will we get our results?

1 Like