American’s “Luxury Liner” KLAX-EGLL

On their MD-11’s, American Airlines painted “MD-11 Luxury Liner” by the nose. Whatever the experience was like, I bet you it was more luxurious than flying economy today…

Info

Route: KLAX-EGLL
Flight time: 10:40
Server: Expert
Aircraft: McDonell Douglas MD-11

What a beauty

Climbing parallel to the California coast

Cruising over Utah. If you look past the nose, you will see the great salt lake in the rear

Somewhere above Canada.

Nearing the coast of Greenland. It really isn’t green. Here, this is a photo I took from a Lufthansa A380 while cruising above Greenland last September. IF doesn’t lie…

A big engine, and Ireland

Turning to begin our final approach into London Heathrow

Slowing down after a rather depressingly hard landing.

Nearly 11 hour after pushing back in Los Angeles, we have reached out gate at terminal 3. Thank you for flying American Airlines, we hope to see you again soon!

What did you think of these shots?

• AMAZING
  • Good
  • Meh
  • Bad
  • Awful

0 voters

16 Likes

Nice photos! Remember, Greenland is the one that’s icy and Iceland is the one that’s Green😂. You can thank some ancient Viking trickery for that!

2 Likes

It’s ridiculous 😂. They probably found both of them, and then got confused and thought that Greenland was where Iceland was and that Iceland was where Greenland was and then they named it all wrong. Of course, if trump were to buy Greenland it would become Trumpland. That’s even worse

1 Like

Honestly my favorite airplane to fly. MD-11. ❤️

2 Likes

She is great. However, I can’t land her very well 💥🔥

Lots and lots of trim!!!

2 Likes

Wow! It almost looks real 😜

2 Likes

@NoahM, you gotta set your frame rate very high, resolution at 1080p, and set graphics and rendering resolution to high. Then get on a real a380. Then you can get shots like these in IF🤯

1 Like

Good idea! I can go do all of that if you can loan me $450 Million

1 Like

Sure thing dm me your paypal info. Only conditions is you let me fly for free when I want to. Then interest will only be 6%, not 13%😉

1 Like

Nice shots! Hope to get some cool ones on the way too. I’m doing this flight right now, except in a Boeing 787 though.

2 Likes

I always loved the “Luxury Liner” logos on AA’s MD11 and DC10. I know the old livery of the 757 had “757 Luxury Jet”. I wished they’d go back to those logos. Such a classy add-on.

1 Like

Very classy indeed. It makes air travel seem just that much more sophisticated

1 Like

Lovely photos. I’d like to fly a chrome livery sometime.

2 Likes

They are very beautiful. Especially during a sunset or sunrise. It’s so shiny and beautiful. I do wish that American would have kept the livery

1 Like

Me too, that livery is beautiful in the morning with that shiny glare. I’m doing AA20 in the old Livery on a B772 right now (passing Wiarton-CYVV) and look forward to seeing my bird in the morning at gate 533 at LHR.

1 Like