American Eagle ERJ-175 suffers serious control issue departing Atlanta

An American Eagle ERJ-175 operates by Republic Airlines reported a “runway trim” on departure from Atlanta. The crew reportedly had no pitch control for the duration of the flight. They managed to turn around, and make a safe landing back in Atlanta. The four crew, and six passengers are all safe, and were re booked on different flights, the aircraft is still on the ground in Atlanta.

8 Likes

Yikes, glad everyone was okay. Only 6 pax wow 😂

3 Likes

Ya, it’s unclear wether there was some sort of special circumstances like a repositioning flight, or if it was just that empty…

2 Likes

6 passengers? There was almost more crew members than passengers.

3 Likes

That happened to me in IF last month.

1 Like

Here’s the ATC

6 Likes

That’s what happens when you try to compete against Delta at their largest hub lmao.

8 Likes

Has the ERJ ever suffered from a crash? I dont think it has

Here’s the most recent crash.

2 Likes

Uh, there are no pitch failures in IF…

Wow thats scary, glad everyone is alright…

Not 6 pax. The article is wrong. In the video you can hear the crew tell ATC they have 6 souls on board, which also includes 4 crewmembers. If there were any passengers, it would be just 2.
It could have been a repo flight.

2 Likes

Wow, I caught an in-progress emergency.
Thank goodness no injuries.

2 Likes

If you disconnect AP in the E-Jets and haven’t recalibrated, it can nose dive or climb you unexpectedly. I wouldn’t call it a “failure” so much as the old model style-but I digress he may be correct in the fact that he had a “runaway pitch” sort of moment

My pitch somehow got unbinded so i count that as a failure.

That’s not just in the E-Jets, but I guess I see what your saying…

"The aircraft rose up and down multiple times as the crew struggled to gain control, claiming that they had been ‘fighting’ with the controls. "

737 max type beat

Glad everyone’s ok

1 Like

I fly mostly A32X/A330, B73X etc. I honestly don’t have that issue with the newer aircraft models at all.