American and JetBlue Announce 33 New Routes from New York and Boston

American Airlines and JetBlue Begin Growth from New York and Boston with 33 New Routes, Joint Schedules and Codeshare Flights

Today, American Airlines and JetBlue announced a whole bunch of new routes as a result of their codeshare, originally announced last July.

First, domestic routes announced by American:

American also announced new international routes from JFK, with 3 new flights to Columbia: Cali (CLO), Bogota (BOG), and Medellin (MDE) which begin May 6. Additionally, service from JFK to Santiago, Chile will begin 3 times a week until it becomes daily in November. Flights from JFK to St. Lucia (UVF) and Turks and Caicos (PLS) begin June 5, joining JetBlue’s flights on these routes.

Next up, routes announced by JetBlue:

*New summer seasonal service from JFK to Kalispell, Montana (FCA) begins July 1, up to 3 times a week. This will be JetBlue’s first route from FCA.

*New summer seasonal service from JFK to Boise, Idaho (BOI) begins July 2, up to 4 times a week. This will be the longest flight from BOI.

Additionally, JetBlue also announced a load of new flights, both international and domestic, from Newark (EWR) and New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA):

Along with these new routes, American and JetBlue will be enhancing schedules in several markets to better align schedules. With the codeshare, American customers will have access to 49 codeshare routes on JetBlue, and JetBlue customers will have access to over 25 codeshare routes on American

These are a lot of routes, and many definitely are interesting. Any routes coming to your home airports?

For more check out the newsroom posts from AA and JetBlue:

http://mediaroom.jetblue.com/investor-relations/press-releases/2021/02-18-2021-160050512

All images taken from these newsroom articles

13 Likes

Oh yes, love it already!

1 Like

Great, now the American / jetBlue / Alaska alliance basically has their own terminal at Newark. Amaaaazing.

3 Likes

ooh, JetBlue 2x daily between LGA and DEN, competing with DL, UA, and WN already serving that route. They also serve BOS and JFK from DEN so it will be interesting to see how they do!

2 Likes

I was really hoping for JFK or BOS to EGE similar to what they do with MTJ and HDN. I know there have been talks about it but it looks like we might have to wait a little longer. Hopefully by next ski season!

2 Likes

I’m so excited to fly the SNA route with American, it has to be the longest route out of SNA and I’m curious to see what aircraft they deploy on the route.
Ugh… why did Covid have to take AA’s 757’s

Man…I miss them

1 Like

Honolulu will be, once United starts that in May.

A321T, with first class and business class.

2 Likes

Is this official now or is it still pending the JetBlue pilots Union issue reported by simple flying?

The partnership’s been official for over a month now. JetBlue is likely going to move on with the partnership and continue working something out with the pilots.

WOW GREAT JOB JETBLUE (my favorite airline)

Amazing new routes!

A United A321? Or am I a dum dum.

Wait… I missed this. THIS is what I like to see.

@Z-Tube

2 Likes

As Thunder said, it’ll be with the Transcon configured A321s, the ones they fly between JFK and LAX/SFO.

For JetBlue? Would be interesting. With this partnership now, however, AA already flies both JFK and LGA to EGE and LGA to MTJ (all seasonal) so it’ll be interesting to see if JetBlue ever hops on it.

I’m honestly shocked at how quickly JetBlue is expanding Newark. Over the past year they’ve added A TON of routes, and a bunch of them with Mint. I’m a JFK guy, but you do love to see it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.