American Airlines Removes Seating Benefits For OneWorld Elites

American Removes Seating Upgrades For OneWorld Elite Members

Just today, American Airlines has removed main cabin extra benefits for oneworld elite members. In short, this means that the upgrade for free to Main Cabin Extra for elites is now prohibited. They previously allowed befits to the following:

• British Airways Executive Club Silver and Gold
  • Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club Gold and Diamond
  • Finnair Plus Gold and Platinum
  • Malaysia Airlines Enrich Gold and Platinum
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold and Platinum
  • Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold and Platinum

However, they will still offer the upgrade to the following

• AAdvantage Platinum
  • Platinum Pro
  • Executive Platinum

We’ll likely see possible upgrades for the new jetBlue partnership, as the partnership begins to get more official. However, American Airlines has been no remarks about the partnership seating benefits.

9 Likes

Yep. US Airways has made stupid decisions ever since they merged 😒
I miss the old American

1 Like

I mean is US airways was that bad before and after the merger? :/ Sorry if im late

They kinda ruined AA. Now everyone thinks AA will do anything just to save a buck, and sometimes they do. But it didn’t happen before the merger. They have changed, and it’s not always for the better

2 Likes

American is bad. I’m gonna say it right there

THEY DIDN’T USED TO BE lol

1 Like

Ugh, another bad decision from an already bad airline 😒 This is why I try not to fly American

1 Like

Come on. Now even after the Pandemic I can’t fly in class! Haha just kidding, I don’t have that much money to be a OneWorld elite.

American used to be good, 1 out of the 10 flights I have ever taken was on an American tricolor to New York, service was good (as I remember) and it was generally better than post-merger.

I think this this is a mistake. Just American trying to save a buck.

1 Like

Just remove an extra olive 🙃

1 Like

AA I love AA personally I believe that there the best airline in the US. Best hubs best plane ect. Lets not turn this thread into a ranting session on AA.

• AA Is Good
  • AA Is Bad

0 voters

I like how this almost turned to a AA Hate thread all because I said about US Airways

1 Like