American Airlines IFE

I’m traveling to San Diego with American Airlines soon, but I have a few questions that are left unanswered, and I wanted to see if you guys had the answer. So for my CLT - SAN/ SAN - CLT legs of the trip, i’m flying on the A321. However, I know certain A321s have IFEs and others don’t. My question is which of their A321s have IFEs? And if they don’t, do they have a spot to hold up your device to stream your own content? Thanks!

2 Likes

i believe its mainly transcon A321’s with IFE
So longer routes Like JFK to LAX or basically Coast to Coast trips.
But aircraft scheduling isnt always consistent so you wont always get the usual configuration.

1 Like

I flew the AA a321 a few months ago. One of them had IFE, and the other one didn’t. The one that didn’t also didn’t have a place to hold a device. I’m not sure which specific ones have IFE

2 Likes

Since you’re flying out of CLT it’s almost certainly going to be a LUS A321. The Ex. US Airways A321s only have In seat power and Wifi

2 Likes

All A321s with sharklets or transcon A321s have personal IFE. Non - Sharklet A321s have above monitors. (Edit: aka U.S. airways ex)

1 Like

Thanks for the responses guys!

4 Likes

Certain AA hubs have certain ones. Most often, but not always, the legacy hubs (CLT, PHL) will have the older non-IFE 321s. But, they are sprinkled around the fleet. When I was in Seattle a few weeks ago, my DFW-SEA A321 was equipped with IFE but not the SEA-CLT one.

You can see the features your aircraft has in your booking information as well. This will tell you if there are individual IFEs on your flights.

1 Like

Not anymore. AA is rapidly removing IFE from A321s with sharklets. The Transcon-configured A321s will keep IFE though.

1 Like

I just flew the 2 AA 321’s through Charlotte a couple days ago and none have ife’s. And in my opinion, their cabins aren’t very good compared to their 737’s or transcontinental A321’s.

1 Like

Some pics for reference!

3 Likes

Dear AA,
I hate you.

2 Likes

And none of the CLT A321’S have seat power btw.

1 Like

I don’t get why they are don’t that. It’s really stupid and now only the 777s and 787s will have IFE. Only transcontinental A321s fly like LAX and SFO.

2 Likes

The first A321 I flew on was 20 years old and the second one was 5, all I’m saying is that you can see the age of the aircraft when you walk in🤕

1 Like

So I should bring a portable charger?

1 Like

Yes that’s a must, I bought one at the airport before my second flight and it came in handy!

1 Like

I agree 100%. It’s a cost-saving decision that hurts the consumer.

The Legacy AA A319s will still have IFE though. They fly to places like Key West, Eagle, St. Thomas, Jackson Hole, Central America, and more.

1 Like

One more question, seat guru says my seat has a misaligned window, how bad are these windows’ alignment normally?

This also depends, there could be one window far away or sometimes no windows. You never truly know until you board the plane.

1 Like

What’s the seat number/letter? And which SeatGuru configuration?

1 Like