American Airlines E175 First Class Review!

American Eagle E175 First Class

Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome back to another trip report! Today’s report is going to be in video format, again, as you guys enjoyed that a lot with the Alaska video. Today, I will be taking an American Eagle flight from West Palm Beach to Washington DC! Please let me know in the comments of the video, or in the thread below if you would like me to continue video reports, or put out both video and text. I hope you enjoy!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE!

If subscribe, you help me provide better content to you, and it motivates me more to make better videos.

7 Likes

Did they not give out snacks from their snack baskets?

1 Like

They did, but it was like tiny bags of pretzels

1 Like

Surprising, they normally have like 5-6 different snacks to choose from.

1 Like

Yep. Surprisingly, that was it. And it wasn’t during Covid

Every once and a while, could you maybe still do text reviews?

It’s hard for some to watch YouTube…

2 Likes

@N1RG can correct me but I believe they don’t give out snacks bc of Covid now

2 Likes

A couple of things:

1: AA doesnt need a lot of counter space there. You said it wasn’t during COVID but even before COVID, the staffing that AA/AE had was trimmed down (At least where I am). Also, PBI is a small station for AA so thats another reason.
2: I have never had a problem with the e170/175 first class seats. Im 5’5" and actually have quite a bit of legroom.
3: That is a Republic aircraft. I can tell by the seats.
4: The flight attendants aren’t actually AA or even AE flight attendants. They are Republic FAs.
5: I didnt see anything about the food, the plane, etc etc.

1 Like

I understand completely. I review planes not based on the plane, not based on the airport. For me, flying out of JFK in PBI should have the same experience, take that with a grain of salt., But I was a little disappointed, but of course I’m happy that I did end up flying first class anyway

1 Like

Then what do you review flights on? I think if someone was to review flights they have to include the important details…

For me, I review a 737, A321, and the 175 in the same standard. They’re all domestic first class seat. It’s not that I didn’t have enough leg room. I was able to fit just fine, but it’s the principle that first class should be more luxurious for how much more you’re really paying on American

1 Like

You had a nice Monarch Butterfly fly past the window at 2:16 ;-;

1 Like

And what’s that standard? A regional aircraft is going to be different then a mainline aircraft…

How come you fly first/business all the time? Based on the variety of airlines you’ve written about it doesn’t look like you’re part of a single airline/alliance’s loyalty program.

It all comes down to the price. On that route on that same day, the A319, with a better first class product was cheaper than the E175, and I find the A319 to be much better. For the price that I paid for that first class seat, I should be getting a much better product than what I got

I am a true blue member, I am a rapid rewards member. My grandparents have almost 400,000 United miles, so they fly United a lot, they have some JetBlue miles. For me, I really just fly whatever the cheapest is. Of course, convenience counts in the factor as well

1 Like

But it was a voucher yes? So you didnt technically pay for it. If you wanted a better product then you should of flown the A319… Again, comparing an airbus to a 175 is comparing a 172 to a G5

I understand that. You make good points. My thing is, for the people who really did pay for that flight, they, paying $600 to go to Washington DC, should be served more than a bag of pretzels. And, you expect to see the flight attendants a little bit more, but they had behind the curtain the entire flight.

Some people might be happy with that… And how do we know they didnt have a voucher, if there work didn’t pat for the flight or even if they were flying for free? I just think someone that got a “free” flight shouldn’t be able to complain all that much. On top of that, again, the FAs aren’t AE. They are apart of whatever company operated that flight…

1 Like

As I Think about it now, I agree. I probably shouldn’t be complaining. In my next trip report, I’ll tell you this, I’m not gonna be complaining lmao 😂

1 Like