American Airlines Boeing 737MAX 8 first flight

Already? Wow! I thought they weren’t getting those until mid-2018. it’s a beautiful livery and a beautiful aircraft👌

2 Likes

I live near the Boeing field! I saw it and it is beautiful.

2 Likes

I know right! It’s a shame there slowly turning to Airbus aircraft. 😞😞

4 Likes

Wow you are SO Lucky! It would be awesome to live there!

4 Likes

I know southwest is the launch customer for the Boeing max 8 and max 9 aircraft. Southwest is just is gonna be one of the last few Airlines to fly them until other airlines tag on to those beautiful airplanes.

4 Likes

True… I wish Southwest had other aircraft in their fleet beside the 737, but I guess that’s the bad part about being a low budget airline!

1 Like

I thought they were only the launch customers for the MAX7?

Going to be waiting for when United gets theirs so I can be seeing them come into LAX.

@Reedgreat no! My dad works for SWA and he says we are both the launch customer for the max 8 and 9! Maybe he’s wrong but I’ll check it!! Hang on

1 Like

@Reedgreat Yea I’m not sure! http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/08/30/southwest-receives-first-delivery-boeing-737-max.html This article just says it is the launch customer for the MAX8 but you were right!! I don’t know about the MAX9. I’m pretty sure they are. The MAX9 might be still in like planning mode/super early building phase

1 Like

Not to go too off topic, but this article confirmed that Malindo Air is the launch customer for the -8 and -9.

And we already agreed SWA is the launch for the -7.

Ok! I agree with you now

1 Like

SWA was supposed to be the launch customer for Max 8, but dispute from pilot union delayed its opportunity to be first airline to take delivery of max 8 so it lost status of launch customer. Southwest is still launch customer for max 7, but I believe Lion Air is launch customer for -9. Ryanair is launch customer for -200 cattlebox.

1 Like

I don’t think swa ordered the 737-9max

1 Like

Yeah. It was only the MAX 7 & 8

2 Likes

100 MAX8s with an order for at least 200NG 737s. American must really love the 737-8

2 Likes

More pictures of this beauty😍

Credit: Boeing

12 Likes

Such a nice aircraft. Hopefully they’ll get added one day

2 Likes

First American 737 to feature the WIFI hub on the fuselage

Notice the Southwest MAX in the background

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.