American Airlines Boeing 737MAX 8 first flight

Me too! It will look absolutely Gorgeous!!👍👍👍👍

3 Likes

Already? Wow! I thought they weren’t getting those until mid-2018. it’s a beautiful livery and a beautiful aircraft👌

2 Likes

I live near the Boeing field! I saw it and it is beautiful.

2 Likes

I know right! It’s a shame there slowly turning to Airbus aircraft. 😞😞

4 Likes

Wow you are SO Lucky! It would be awesome to live there!

4 Likes

I know southwest is the launch customer for the Boeing max 8 and max 9 aircraft. Southwest is just is gonna be one of the last few Airlines to fly them until other airlines tag on to those beautiful airplanes.

4 Likes

True… I wish Southwest had other aircraft in their fleet beside the 737, but I guess that’s the bad part about being a low budget airline!

1 Like

I thought they were only the launch customers for the MAX7?

Going to be waiting for when United gets theirs so I can be seeing them come into LAX.

@Reedgreat no! My dad works for SWA and he says we are both the launch customer for the max 8 and 9! Maybe he’s wrong but I’ll check it!! Hang on

1 Like

@Reedgreat Yea I’m not sure! http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2017/08/30/southwest-receives-first-delivery-boeing-737-max.html This article just says it is the launch customer for the MAX8 but you were right!! I don’t know about the MAX9. I’m pretty sure they are. The MAX9 might be still in like planning mode/super early building phase

1 Like

Not to go too off topic, but this article confirmed that Malindo Air is the launch customer for the -8 and -9.

And we already agreed SWA is the launch for the -7.

Ok! I agree with you now

1 Like

SWA was supposed to be the launch customer for Max 8, but dispute from pilot union delayed its opportunity to be first airline to take delivery of max 8 so it lost status of launch customer. Southwest is still launch customer for max 7, but I believe Lion Air is launch customer for -9. Ryanair is launch customer for -200 cattlebox.

1 Like

I don’t think swa ordered the 737-9max

1 Like

Yeah. It was only the MAX 7 & 8

2 Likes

100 MAX8s with an order for at least 200NG 737s. American must really love the 737-8

2 Likes

More pictures of this beauty😍

Credit: Boeing

11 Likes

Such a nice aircraft. Hopefully they’ll get added one day

2 Likes

First American 737 to feature the WIFI hub on the fuselage

Notice the Southwest MAX in the background

10 Likes