American Airlines B757-200 || Miami to Quito

Tropics to Mountains

Before I start I want to wish (to everyone who celebrates) a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We’ve been through some tough times yet we made it to this point. Spend some time with your families (whether virtually or in person) and may everyone receive what they desired.

Hello everyone. Today is Christmas Eve. Usually I would fly home on this day on IF (which is what I did, from FOR-BSB-MIA-RIC-LGA ), but today I thought I’d share a special flight that I have been dying to fly for ages: Miami to Quito
What’s so special about this route is that it was operated by AA’s 757 which as y’all know, was retired. Also who can resist the R36 approach? To make this flight even more memorable, I used the 1968 AA livery- an icon in the skies. Without further ado, let’s go:
Server: Expert
Flight Time: 3:26

Old meets new as we depart Miami

Spectacular waters during the first hour

1 hour later we fly over Panama City

After 3 hours and 20 minutes we’re aligned with Runway 36. Speedy, might I add.

Parked with Door L2 open

Nose shot with all visible doors open

TAAil

So that’s the end of a scenic flight. Of course rate below which photo you thought looked best and I’ll see you in the next one

0 voters

18 Likes

Beautiful Shots bud and Merry Christmas

1 Like

Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing these impressions! Quito is an unique airport with all the terrain and it looks like a very fun flight departing from Miami judging from your great pictures!

1 Like

That first one is spicy! Happy Holidays!

1 Like

Nice shots, the first one makes me want to do a flight from KSTL-KMIA with the American Airlines Boeing 757-200 in the 1968 livery. And nice flight to Quito. I flew there one time with the Avianca A320 from Bogota and then flew American A320 to Miami. And have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

1 Like