American Airlines Adds Miami to Tel Aviv, DFW to St. Maarten, and More

American Airlines is announcing new domestic and international routes

Just now at a press conference in Miami, American Airlines’ Chief Revenue Officer announced AA is launching flights from Miami to Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV), Paramaribo, Suriname (PBM), Little Rock (LIT), and Portland (PWM).

This is American’s third long-haul route into Tel Aviv following New York (JFK) and Dallas (DFW), and none of them have even started.

Additionally, American is adding several other new routes:

Image Credits/Press Release

N812AA - American Airlines Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner at Amsterdam - Schiphol | Photo ID 1355735 | Airplane-Pictures.net
Newsroom - American Airlines Becomes the Only US Carrier with Nonstop Service from Miami to Tel Aviv and Paramaribo, Suriname - American Airlines Group, Inc.

What are your thoughts on AA’s new routes?

28 Likes

@CaptainZac ^^^

3 Likes

@Z-Tube ^^^^^^

2 Likes

Next up… Dubai 🤩

I can hope. Based on American’s international expansions recently that would be really cool to see them get into there

1 Like

To be honest, Doha would be the more logical option with the QR partnership. (If AA flew to the Middle East)

2 Likes

Probably tbh. That would also be very cool

1 Like

OMG NO WAY!!! I knew this was gonna happen eventually.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m also expecting they start something to East Asia from Miami since there don’t have any scheduled nonstop passenger routes to east Asia from Florida.

2 Likes

And with DL unfortunately scrapping the JFK-BOM route, I wouldn’t be surprised if AA pulled off another route to India from either of JFK, DFW, or MIA.

1 Like
😱😱😱
1 Like

JFK-BLR??? Then all 3 main US carriers will server BLR :)

1 Like

This is massive.

DFW to St. Maarten @Altaria55 😍

1 Like

JFK-BLR might be a little difficult, although I suppose AA would have a more competitive advantage out of BLR. It would also depend on the hub. For example, Delhi would make a lot of sense if it were out of DFW, but Mumbai or Bengaluru would be better suited at JFK.

Since AA shifted to their SEA hub out of LAX for international flights, I don’t see LAX-DEL as a possibility just yet. DL anyways left BOM because they were irritated with the DGCA terms set, so LAX would still require a connection via SFO for direct flights to India (unless AI or UA started out of LAX, which I find unlikely with SFO up top).

1 Like

Yeah it’s probably not going to happen with AA and UA already starting service to BLR. However, JFK-DEL could be a profitable route for Delta, providing they can compete with the other airlines on that route. There might be enough demand to start service with a lower capacity plane though.

1 Like

I think BOM was working out for DL earlier on before covid hit & DGCA rules made them super mad.

1 Like

Also, another thing is AI’s support from the government is hurting the US airlines from operating in India (since AI is literally starting routes from like so many airports in India to the US lol).

1 Like

Yes! 1 stop out of my home airport to get to SXM instead of 1 stop out of LAX 😂
Nobody wants to drive there 🥴

People in Dallas are starting a petition and getting a lot of signatures to start DFW - DEL

1 Like

It’s a long time before that actually happens. In terms of unserved demand, Delhi/India in general is a bit down on the list.

@N1RG LIT-MIA on the E-175

1 Like