American Airlines 787-8

Hello there IF Community! This is a request for the addition of the American Airlines 787-8, since American has continued to add new 788 routes, and since similar threads are outdated or have been closed.

About the American 788:
American Airlines is the largest airline in the world. American received its first 788, the first of all of its Dreamliner fleet (both the -8 and -9) on January 23, 2015. At one time, American accounted for 24% of the 787-8 backlog. Once all of their order is filled, American will be the largest operator of the -8 in the Western Hemisphere. American operates the -8 out of DFW, ORD, LAX, and soon PHL, both domestically and internationally.

Routes (some routes are seasonal or will begin in the next year)
From DFW:
DFW-Anchorage
DFW-Beijing
DFW-Buenos Aires Ezeiza
DFW-Cancun
DFW-Dublin
DFW-Frankfurt
DFW-Los Angeles
DFW-Munich
DFW-Santiago
DFW-Paris (CDG)
DFW-Chicago

From ORD:
ORD-Athens
ORD-Barcelona
ORD-Cancun
ORD-DFW
ORD-Dublin
ORD-Honolulu
ORD-LHR
ORD-Manchester
ORD-Paris (CDG)
ORD- Phoenix
ORD-Rome
ORD- Tokyo (NRT)
ORD-Venice
ORD-Las Vegas

From LAX:
LAX-Auckland
LAX-Beijing
LAX-Buenos Aires Ezeiza
LAX-Sao Paulo Guarulhos
LAX-Tokyo Haneda
LAX-Tokyo (NRT)

From PHL:
PHL-Amsterdam
PHL-Manchester
PHL-Zurich

(Some of the routes are operated interchangeably between the -8 and -9 variants)

With over 30 different routes operated by American using the 787-8, many of which are operated multiple times a day, adding this livery to IF will significantly improve realism in IF not to mention it’s a beautiful livery as well. Overall, this would be a great addition to the simulator!

Please vote above!

Photo courtesy of Stabinski Geniz Spotters on Pinterest

Duplicate. Sorry

Yes, but this is much more detailed and recent

1 Like

While this is much more detailed, the one @AviationJack linked above has 18 votes and the last post was less than a month ago. But, it’s up to the moderators not me, and next time, do a thorough search and flag any similar topics in terms of request or context. 👍

1 Like

I apologize, when I searched I only saw the date it was created, which was in 2016, but did not notice the date of the last post 😉

1 Like

As @anon7075715 said it’s still relatively active, and has 18 votes. I think there has been a bit of a precedent set up that you can make a new one as long as there isn’t a super active one from the last few months. If one is already present, leave it be, anyone who wants it will vote there, no need for a new one. At the very least consult the mods, and get the other one closed first.

1 Like