American A319 no vis through front windshield...

An American plane is landing right now with reported no visibility through the front windshield, only side ones. Apparently hit hail, and has damage to the windshield…

imageimage

More ounce he lands…

6 Likes

They have successfully landed, requesting to be towed to the gate…

2 Likes

ATC made some reference to only being able to see through the left window…

He is also not on any frequency and everyone is trying to contact him, unknown why he is not on…

Ground crew are trying to visually signal or something, very confusing…

2 Likes

Where or how are you listening to El Paso ATC?

1 Like

They are in full contact now, trying to have ground crew check for other damage…

1 Like

LiveATC app, very useful…

1 Like

Also thankfuly reporting no injuries, or damages to the aircraft…

Might have to get that app…

https://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=KELP

Here’s a link you can use to access it in a web browser.

3 Likes

Seems to be safe on the ground now, no news articles, or anything byond the ATC now, but will link as soon as it is avalable, anyone else feel free if you are first…

I assume they did an auto-land? This happened a few years ago to a Delta plane. Very crazy how they can hit hail that high up.

4 Likes

That’s what I would assume…

Ha, lol ATC just yelled at him because he was still squawking 7700 at the gate…

2 Likes

Sounds like it was on departure from San Antonio, and flew to El Paso and circled till low enough on fuel…

1 Like

If I was the captain of that plane I would probably have a panic attack and crash th plane. Those passengers were probably grateful for the pilot onboard

1 Like

Aircraft said they were thankfull for the help, and sighned off…

Also apparently ATC was never made aware of the fact that Runway 10 I think they said was closed by emergency vehicles so…

1 Like

The pilot just spoke with us at the gate. We are waiting for another plane to complete the flight. They circled 3 times to make sure that the instrumentation and information they had was good before they made the landing.

4 Likes

Some articles out this morning, not much in them though…

1 Like

You were one of the passengers in the plane ?

1 Like

Yessir I was sitting in 2D

11 Likes

Wow, did they tell you the reason for the diversion ?