America is so little!

America seen from the Space…

34 Likes

America is like the 3rd largest country but ok I guess

7 Likes

There are Europeans out there that think they can drive from Disney World to the Grand Canyon in a day.

16 Likes

I mean you can’t in one of those European diesel cars, but get into a real American muscle car and you can do it easily

3 Likes

Not in a day 😂

3 Likes

That’s a joke man

3 Likes

I’m in Disney world right now, I’ll test it

4 Likes

Um sure, It only takes 10 hours to fly from one end of the country to the other. Pretty small ig

2 Likes

I know lol

Cool photo btw

2 Likes

Come on chaps, size isn’t everything 🙄

6 Likes

M340D would like a word with you AND it won’t have to stop 20 times to fuel up

6 Likes

This makes zero sense if you think about it

1 Like

I assume they’re getting at the fact that a lot of euro diesels have like 50 hp and would have an issue maintaining the types of speeds you’d need to make it to cross the country in a day (for reference, I think the cannonball coast to coast records are somewhere in the 24-25 hour range using high powered euro petrol cars)

2 Likes

True but then you get something like a Golf 2.0 TDI or Touareg TDI that can go really far on one tank and get up to more than reasonable speeds with no issue. I would’ve though those were more common. The both of those iirc produce 300 lb-ft of torque (407nm) or more in the Touareg’s case. and over 40 mpg (5.9L/100km)

1 Like

Yes, we had a T-ROC TDI in Switzerland and it had great push (I think 220 hp / 250 lb-ft), but hey it’s not as fun as a 797 HP Cat.

1 Like

The U.S. is apparently only 1.87% of the earth’s surface, so it should look pretty small:

This makes international air travel seem all the more stunning an accomplishment.

8 Likes

someone hasn’t heard of a cannonball run…

4 Likes

Cannonball record currently sits at 25 hours 39 minutes

3 Likes

They were talking about Disney to Grand Canyon which is 19 hours at record pace. Just gotta find an S6 to dress up…

6 Likes

I think I could change that

2 Likes