Ambient Noise

This is a pretty small feature request (I did look up Ambient Noise, but didn’t find any feature request). When our engines are off, there’s absolutely no sound. Implementing some sort of ambient wind noise would satisfy my… ears? It’s just strange to me when I hear nothing. Obviously, you always hear SOMETHING in real life, even if it’s mostly silent. This could be as simple as some small sound file playing over and over again when engines are off.

That would be cool but I think that you could solved this with IF Passengers

5 Likes

Sure, but that’s with a seperate paid add-on.

14 Likes

A generic boarding music before pushback would be a good imo.

3 Likes

I like the idea! It’s too quiet when the engines are off. ;)

1 Like

Yea! Even a quiet would be fine. Just not sound literally being muted.

1 Like

I agree! Even just a hum of the aircraft systems would satisfy me, as long as it is not dead silent.

7 Likes

The sound of apu would also make sense…

6 Likes

@jakevaz423 Yea, any type of noise.

1 Like

Yeah. I agree. The APU is probably the most realistic sound with engines off.

8 Likes

Well I don’t think that’s a priority for IF, for the past year I have had announcements and call outs, you don’t need to wait but fair enough. I don’t personally think any of these things will be added as IF assistant and passengers is so widely used.

1 Like

Obviously this isn’t a priority. But with your third party apps, they’re still PAID add-ons.
This would be as simple as adding a sound file that plays over-and-over again (with smooth transistions, of course) when the engines are off. I’m not asking for call-outs and announcments. Just some sort of white noise when enginee are off, instead of dead silence.

2 Likes

APU sound, especially when that system is added (I know it will be in due course.). The starting sound would be awesome too!

Edit: Last night I discovered an airplane cabin ambience track on Spotify that I might just use in the meanwhile.

3 Likes

This would be great, I believe Laura said that will do something about it later.

1 Like

Small feature, big difference, huh?

1 Like

Interesting idea, which would add to realism of the total game play.
But for me this is a ‘nice to have’ only.

1 Like

Yea. Definitely. I still want it enough to create a feature request though.

1 Like

The sound of an active APU would work best. Since we don’t have ground power in IF anyway, it’s what would usually be required before and after engine start as well.

1 Like

Confirmed as per the TBM Update

8 Likes