Amazon to Build Cargo Hub at KCVG

Amazon’s air cargo hub will not be Wilmington, Ohio as suspected, instead it will be Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International Airport. This is a huge loss for the Wilmington community.

17 Likes

Saw this earlier. I hope this doesn’t screw UPS. I’ve also heard it’ll be 900 acres, almost 10 times the size of UPS’ Worldport.

1 Like

Wow, I hadn’t heard this news yet. It’ll be interesting to see how this pans out.

3 Likes

Personally I wish they would have utilized the Wilmington Airpark instead.

It shouldn’t UPS has so many other things they carry.

Agreed. CVG has the huge DHL shipping hub there already. Wilmington Air Park has ABX, but I think Amazon would have still fit just fine.

1 Like

Plus, Amazon utilizes ABX’s planes in a lease program. So it’s kinda against logic to have it at CVG.

I think they should keep it in Seattle

1 Like

It’s Nice to see CVG growing

2 Likes

Imagine if Amazon started their own cargo airline😂

1 Like

That’s what they’re doing with Prime Air. It makes sense considering the fulfillment requirements that Amazon needs.

4 Likes

Yeah, as @Danman said they are starting one.

1 Like

I know where my money is going now. It’s being well spent. Ive been a long time Amazon and Prime user. I wish I was getting one near me. 😢

3 Likes

From what I’ve heard, Amazon isn’t a great payer. I don’t think it’ll hurt UPS too much, under 2% of their business is Amazon.

1 Like

That’s a huge loss :/ But isn’t Amerijet based there?

1 Like

DHL US is based there, also.

1 Like

I like this idea. I like Cargo airlines, and liveries, so the more the merrier.

1 Like

It’s too bad to see this happen to Wilmington, I think if FedEx ever thought of moving out of LCK they would probably move there with all that space, and I totally forgot they are based there too

1 Like

I heard FedEx has been slowly trying to leave LCK. So maybe that could happen.

1 Like

I don’t think the bought them. I heard they were leasing them from ABX Air out of Wilmington, Ohio.