Am I the Only Person who Hates Southwest?

I have never flew with them so i can’t tell you.

SWA doesn’t give free meals

3 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, but this is actually not the case all the time. I booked a Delta flight from Oakland to Atlanta that ended up being almost $60 cheaper than Southwest.

5 Likes

I’ve been fairly lucky with Southwest, and fly on SWA about 10 to 15 times a year for work. Being in dallas, its usually much cheaper to fly southwest depending on where we are heading to. Even places like ATL and LAX are cheaper on SW…

But beyond the prices…

The flight attendants have always been much nicer (at least 4 out of 5), the experience has been good, and the few times ive had issues with flight changes, SW has gone above and beyond to get it fixed.

1 Like

@IanD I have flown on Southwest many times around the US and they are a good airline, the reason why they don’t serve meal is because they don’t do Int’l Flights. Cheers! Phillip_Grothe

I wouldn’t go as far to say I hate them, but I never fly them. I’d much rather fly on other airlines and if that means paying a little more, then so be it.

2 Likes

I know a few years back they served nabisco choice, with those 100 calorie snacks. Maybe they stopped? Or they only serve those of longer transcontinental flights.

I can say that I hate this the most! That why I fly KLM👨🏼‍✈️

1 Like

I was just giving my personal opinion.

1 Like

Honestly, Southwest is my favorite airline.

I fly often to Seattle (KSJC/KSFO/KOAK-KSEA) and the fares for the tickets on Southwest and Alaska are pretty similar (maybe only a dollar difference).

The reason why I still want to fly on Southwest is because when you take other things into account (bags, WiFi, etc), Southwest ends up being cheaper in the long run.

Let’s say I want to book a flight to KSEA from KSJC. Southwest and Alaska both have tickets round trip totaling around $165. I would rather fly Southwest because we all have bags we want to check in. With Alaska, you pay $25 per bag. With Southwest, the bags fly free. That means you end up paying $205 for Alaska and $165 for Southwest.

Many people hate Southwest’s boarding system and open seating policy but I have come to like it a lot. It’s very efficient and since I fly alone often (I’m 15 so I’m old enough) finding an open window seat just requires me to have to ask if that seat is available and ask for those in the aisle and middle seat to move out of the way so I can get in. Helps me build social skills. Yes, even these small things count.

Also, Southwest is almost always on time or early. Things that would cause a delay on a Southwest flight would normally be outside forces (weather, airport difficulties, etc).

One more thing: I’ve been to a couple Southwest flights and almost all of them have young pilots that can do extremely smooth landings. YUP! I see young pilots on Southwest BUTTER the landings. Sorry @DeerCrusher, I don’t like using “grease.”

1 Like

I see a lot of people complaining about the lack of free WiFi… isn’t that the case on pretty much every airline?

2 Likes

I love all of these mixed opinions here! Totally not what I expected.

1 Like

I think so. But compared to Alaska or Delta’s WiFi, Southwest is cheaper.

I paid $8 for SouthwestWiFi but $17+ for Alaska or Delta WiFi

However, GoGo is way faster than Southwest’s.

I’m sorry but I have to disagree on that. GoGo is so much slower when I have experienced it.

With Southwest WiFi, I can post on Instagram stories and have it become online immediately.

With GoGo, I have to wait a while for the story or post to be put online.

Surfing the web is much faster with SouthwestWiFi than gogoinflight. Just the experiences I had with GoGo makes me think I have wasted money on them.

But not to be biased, there is one thing I don’t like about Southwest Airlines:

They have no seat power.

Well the price you put with GoGo sounds like the price for the faster wifi, which I use on my longer flights, and I can game with no issues.

Anyways I GTG to do some ATC

Somehow I had a poor experience with GoGo but a good experience with Southwest WiFi even though it is cheaper. 🤷‍♂️

Just expressing opinions from my past experiences.

Southwest is barely international; therefore, big meals are not necessary. I find the pretzels quite nice really.

3 Likes