Alt for any speed

hi! i am at fl400 and there is still a speed restriction.
do i need to go to fl420?

1 Like

Hey, what aircraft are you in?

1 Like

i am in the 777-200lr

You can go up to the aircrafts speed restriction before a violation

1 Like

what do you mean?

So look at your HUD or Virtual Cockpit, do you see a red bar?

1 Like

yes i do but i thought if you go to fl400 you can go faster

You can go as fast as the red bar will let you, after FL180 I believe you can go faster.

1 Like

The highest speed for any commercial aircraft will be Mach 0.88 or 0.89
If you do go above that you will get a violation

1 Like

oh ok thanks!

1 Like

So I have just had a google, you can’t go above Mach 0.89 in the 777 or you will get a level 1 violation as said by @DhruvChopra

2 Likes

I suggest for the B777-200LR you stay around Mach 0.84 to Mach 0.86

2 Likes

In general, I can say that you will have a speed limit with normal commercial aircraft. You only have no restrictions on certain military aircraft

1 Like

Only, go up to FL420 if you can so if you’re heavy then don’t you’ll most likely stall, but if you’re light then 0:85 should be good.

1 Like

Just adding as I don’t believe your question has been answered explicitly. No, you cannot at any altitude go faster than the red in the HUD display and bot recieve a violation. Therefore, climbing to FL420 will not do anything.

1 Like

Faster than allowed speed destroys your aircraft!

1 Like

Hey.

I just read you said you were in the 200LR. For technically all aircraft there are IAS speed restrictions. In the real world wide bodies will basically be cruising at about .82 to .85.

That way you’re safely below the over speed (the red bar) on the IAS indicator at anytime. I would recommend flying at any of those speeds.

Hope that helps!😊

1 Like

Speed restrictions above FL100 are only dependent on your aircraft’s airframe limitations. I would recommend checking your aircraft’s cruising speed before takeoff, will make your flight more realistic and will help you avoid those nasty overspeed violations

1 Like

Yes exactly and like Alexander says that will really help you on your way to cruise as you can gradually accelerate to the preferred IAS equivalent of your chosen Mach speed.

For example at 315 knots, as you climb past FL280, the aircraft will automatically switch to the Mach system which will be .84. That way you just have to monitor all the way to your cruising altitude.

1 Like

thank you all!!!