Already outdated and not the case anymore: Big news for Condor: Investor found!

I am really not sure wether that would have been good. As a customer I currently have the choice between Eurowings/LH, TUI and Condor. More often than not on direct flights from German airports even only between Condor and TUI.

For prices and competition a Integration of Condor into the LH Group wohnt have been the best in my opinion.

Also I am pretty sure that the German Kartellbehörden, which check mergers regarding monopolies and so on wouldn’t have tolerated such a merger without applying some additional rules and regulations on the LH Group.

1 Like

Thank you LOT for saving my favorite airline! 💛

1 Like

#ThanksaLOT, right?

Hashtag not invented by me, saw that one on Twitter.

1 Like

Aviation and puns, two of my favorite things!

2 Likes

Lufthansa reportedly wants to end ties with Condor

1 Like

Thank you (@Ishrion) very much for making me aware!

If true this would be huge news.

LH might end offering flight connections to Condor flights, which would especially hit Condor’s long haul business, as passengers from German/European cities apart from Munich and Frankfurt would have problems getting to the Condor flights opposed to getting to LH Group flights.

Also a forced Exit of Condor from the Miles and More programme seems to be a possibility.

Furthermore LH might start a start a proceedings against Condor/PGL with the European Commission, concerning financial aid provided to LOT/PGL by the Polish government.

If you can speak German the article above is well worth a read!

Here is the simple flying article:

1 Like

Thank you!

Your welcome. :-)

1 Like

Some real exciting news!

2 Likes

Did they ever cut ops?

No, not as far as I am aware. Not sure why it’s made to sound like it, but it’s great news nonetheless, that Condor is resuming some old routes like Anchorage and Fairbanks (most likely as planned).

Thanks for letting us know @RotorGuy!

1 Like

Approved by German authorities:

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you!

I fully agree with this quote from the article:

“ The regulator has determined that there is “no relevant overlap” between the activities of Condor – formerly part of Thomas Cook Group – and Polish flag-carrier LOT, a subsidiary of PGL.”

More on this here: Lufthansa will not renew its contracts with Condor following a recent change in leadership at Condor

@JulianB Ouch

LOT is cancelling the purchase.

2 Likes

Uhhhh for gods sake. Maybe a little selfish here, but BA has now canceled our summer upgrade to the 787-9, Qatar pulled out in the off season, but haven’t said much about when or if they plan to return, last year we lost Delta and WOW transatlantic. Losing condor is the last thing Pittsburgh needs… 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😭

1 Like

Now this is intriguing…

1 Like

Thank you @Ishrion for tagging me and the update. I have yet to find sources in English/German on this, but there were ongoing speculations over the past days/weeks.

It is really unclear how the German state will react, but certainly there is quite some potential for state aid with the German government being willing to support many companies in need. The question is whether this will also be applied to Condor with their ongoing financial struggles.

I hope for the best and some argue (e.g. AeroNews Germany) that the State will not allow any further airline failures within the already very consolidated German airline market.

I will probably make a new post once the situation is clearer.

1 Like

It said on the beginning at Condor will have new aircrafts, do anyone know what aircraft is that?