Almost a parallel landing at KORD

Hello IFC, today I did a flight from KEWR to KORD (as Newark was active) and almost got a parallel landing at runways 10L and Center. (I was on center, the other aircraft on Left) hope you enjoy!

Airline: AAL
Aircraft: Boeing 738
Route: KEWR-KORD
Cruising alt.: FL 340
Mach: 0.8

Departure from KEWR. (Look at all the aircraft behind me! It was BUSY!!!)

Ascending through 10k

Cruising

As you can see from this a320 that just landed on 10L, we almost had a parallel landing, as you can see me in the background landing on 10C.

My landing

Parked

Hope you enjoyed! Also, the landings were not prepared/planned

18 Likes

Cool, EWR looked busy, reckon I’ll be just a bust tomorrow?

1 Like

Exactly. Everyone will just move to the next active airport

1 Like

Well, Newark is active all week. I’m saying if that’s just the first day rush, there might not be as many tomorrow

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know that, but that’s also true

1 Like

Awesome pics buddy 👍🏽😁

1 Like

Hey!
Cool pics.
I might have been your controller. Did you take off on runway 11?

1 Like

Yes, that was me

1 Like

Also MASSIVE props to you, that must have been hard to control, so I tried to thank you through the text to ATC as much as I could 😂

1 Like

Thanks! It was pretty hectic, but I managed.

Thanks for following instructions, it’s always easier to control when the pilots know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

Thank you! Once again, great job

1 Like

Great pics! Nice buttery landing too. 😂

1 Like

Very cool looking photos. I had a parallel landing once before at KSFO on Expert. Same with me, it was a coincidence and it was not planned anyway the pics look cool 👍🏼. Also YES. Newark Airport (KEWR) was busy so much it was a long wait so many planes. 🤔

2 Likes

Hahah thanks. The landing was quite smooth but with a slight cross wind

1 Like

It is so cool to get parallels, because they rarely happen… only happened to me twice

1 Like

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

That landing looked buttery, 73s are quite difficult landers. I’m impressed

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ve been flying with the 737 for years, you kind of just get used to it but it may take a while