Alleviating ear pressure while descending suggestions.

I think earplugs do assist in helping it.

It is quite simple though, just yawn. That tends to work for me.

I just chew gum and yawn

Here are some of the top ways:
Chew gum
Swallow
Pop your ears through your nose (can be a little painful)
Open your mouth all the way and then close it

I don’t like gum, so I eat lollies, you have to chew them to break them down so it really helps

Buy some Moams, and go crazy for the whole flight. Issue solved.

I used to have something similar to these. They helped a lot. I don’t need them anymore more as I’ve got use to the pressure.

1 Like

@Marc your method works for me most of the time (blowing out of your nose while pinching nostrils) but sometimes, only 1 ear pops and the other one builds in pressure. Any solutions to that?

SUCK ON A SWEET!

kbye

Well yawning helped me when I was on a plane for the first time, it wasn’t painful either

Does anyone hear a popping sound when they swallow? Thats what makes my ears pop and i don’t have to do anything besides swallow🤷‍♂️

I actually have a pair of these am going to try. I think it might help.

1 Like

Good luck and I hope they work for you.

1 Like

It always works if you can do it: move the bottom of your jaw to the left or right as much as you can. Pops the ears well

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. Thanks

1 Like

I have a good one that was taught to me by a diving instructor.

Take your thumbs, and stick them underneath your chin. Push into the soft part of muscle behind your jaw, and run them from behind your chin, to the bottom of your ear, and repeat a couple of times.

I have no clue how it works, but it seems to work for me.

Good luck!

1 Like

Sounds like this might help equalize. You did that before or after you dove or both?

Before and during the dive. I think it was to massage something in the jaw that would relax the muscles around your ear. Again, I’m not sure, but it seemed to work quite well.

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

The pinching your nose and gentle blow method makes it worse for me.

1 Like

Earplugs/buds do work. I was on a flight to DC from Denver and had earbuds in the whole flight and didnt get that weird pressure build up. Over ear headphones dont work though.

1 Like