Allegiant Retires MD-80

Sad to see the Mad Dogs go.
These will fly last during the thanksgiving season, then will be gone, being replaced by the a319.
The aircraft had 16 years on their belt.
RIP Allegiant MD-80s.
2002-2008
Any thoughts?

18 Likes

Well, MD-80s are getting pretty old, so I’m not surprised that they decided to retire them.
However, I wonder which aircraft will take their place…

1 Like

Hate to see the MD-80 leave most airlines, love that bird. I understand why it’s leaving, though.

1 Like

Oh good. Don’t get me wrong, Mad Dogs are both spectacular and old, but Allegiant did not care for them properly, and had many safety violations because of that.

3 Likes

Yeah they did their time.

1 Like

@racerclc

Posted it in the main topic already (:

1 Like

No tears are being shed here for the md80, those planes need to get as far away from Allegiant as possible.

2 Likes

I would have liked Delta to take those as they just got some MD-90’s from JAL.

Eh, I kinda liked them.
However yes, dissing the operator is very important, for meme purposes.
JKJK I liked allegiant

1 Like

i remember when allegiant was smaller and first started service at pgd it really got me into aviation, loved hearing the roar of the maddogs
for the past couple years we rarely got any maddogs (most were up in sfb or our west). sad to see them go but they are very old so its a good refresh for the airline

1 Like

Yeah I agree.

1 Like

Allegiant ones I only cared for due to the paint scheme and that NC barely got allegiant flights period. I went out of my way to catch one over the summer and it will be a shame to see maddogs retire period.DSCF1523

3 Likes

Yeah sad to hear their last engine roars.

1 Like

sad. allegiant air md-80 was the first plane i ever been on.

Hmm, how was it?

1 Like

Rest in peace. You were a beautiful bird.

Allegiant isn’t anything special compared to other airlines I travelled on but the plane was a beauty. I have a cockpit pic somewhere captain let me sit in his spot and hold the yoke.

No feeling like a MD-80 (Delta or AA) taking off from CYYZ rumbling the ground beneath you. My family hates it, but I will miss it

1 Like

story of my life… lol my parents hate everything aviation, but I will always love the mad dogs

3 Likes

It’s because there very dangerous aircraft. I think it’s in the top 10 most dangerous aircraft

1 Like