All previous likes become votes in the Features category

I am requesting that all of the previous likes on topics in #features become votes. Seeing as liking a post in the #features category was intended to mean a vote before the change, it would be great if the previous likes on all the topics inside of Features would become votes. Many topics that had hundreds of likes have been reduced to half a dozen votes, which dramatically reduces the chance of the request being implemented. I’m sure many of you had one or two topics with quite a few likes and would love for the likes on your topic to become votes.

28 Likes

Changed it to #meta as it talks about this forum 😊. #features is only for Infinite Flight’s feature request

4 Likes

I 100% agree with you, but I have a feeling FDS did this on purpose. Because we can all blatantly like a bunch of posts that we think are cool, but when it comes to actually wanting something and having limited votes for it, it creates a false sense of supply and demand. You’ll have to really “want” that feature and give up a like for it.

11 Likes

This would be great! Because all the old topics with hundreds of likes have no votes :)

6 Likes

Sounds great, but some people might have liked hundreds of features topics and that would defeat the purpose of the limit. I think the limit should be increased.

4 Likes

I’d like the idea of having 2 votes per day as it coincides with the feature request limit. That way you can slowly have your say in various features. It would also encourage community members to frequent the community more often to have their voices heard.

4 Likes

That being said, they should also make voting for your own feature mandatory to prevent someone making more than two feature requests. It also prevents meaningless requests since someone would lose one of their votes for the day.

2 Likes

Maybe even 1 vote per day?

6 Likes

I was thinking that too! Anywhere from 1-2 would work. More than that would be considered “spammable” and they might as well bring back the like button. 1 vote/day would make it more rare which would give FDS that supply/demand effect.

4 Likes

1 vote/day should be effective imho. Or 3 votes on a week

5 Likes

this contradicts the entire voting thing in general

3 Likes

The voting system is meant so topics don’t have hunderds of likes and so the FDS team can chose better what feature should come. Instead everyone can vote/like 5 feature ideas. So you must chose carefully for what feature you vote. This wil help the FDS too. So if every topic gets his liks back as votes we better just delete the vote system.

2 Likes

But the problem is, all the old topics like gear tilt and stuff like that are just buried now.

1 Like

Yeah, would be great

And so would be getting more than only 10 votes

1 Like

TBH I don’t think this feature is possible, remember that this new vote feature is just a plugin so it may be pretty much limited in terms of functionalities.

2 Likes

Would be a very welcomed from my side … If possible !

1 Like

Discourse doesn’t offer that possibility yet. :)

1 Like

The plugin, not discourse ;-)

1 Like

The plugin got considered as official since a few weeks ago, which means it’s basically belong to Discourse. The developers are constantly improving it. Anyways, we’re going off-topic now… :)

1 Like