All Nippon Airways Boeing 787-9

ANA 787-9 is my favorite plane

The 787-10 isn’t enough XD

4 Likes

I can second that by having made this request, hope to see the “Inspiration of Japan” on the 789 ;)

1 Like

We need this in 20.2. This is the backbone for most of ANA’s inter-asian routes (Hong Kong, Singapore, Manila), and even goes even farther by serving cities on other continents (Sydney, Vancouver, Dusseldorf). This would be great to get with the ANA 777-300ER.

It would also be pretty cool to see the Inspiration of Japan sticker on the side. Makes the aircraft look really sharp. :)

2 Likes

That’s what makes ANA, to be ANA. Never thought about it but it does make the livery look unique and elegant in its own style ;)

If this were to be added in 20.2, then that’d be a unexpected but a very pleasant surprise indeed!

1 Like

we need more livery of ANA!

4 Likes

Definitely, and especially since ANA was the Launch Customer of the 787 Dreamliner with the 787-8, it still even till this days retain to be the largest user of the Dreamliner all together (788, 789, 78X), with a total of 71 in service, which is quite far ahead of the second-largest user American Airlines with only 46 in service as of October 2020.

Seeing how ANA 77W didn’t make the cut for Update 20.2, we could always hope they will visit the Dreamliner by chance in the near future (nearer than the 777, supposedly) and add ANA to the B789 to allow us, pilots, to experience a more realistic long-haul international flight experience. And since JAL has B789 in IF, and ANA only has short-haul, domestically used aircraft and medium-haul 78X + 772. Adding the B789 would at least would complement to some extend (for the time in between 20.2 releasing and next time they touch upon the 777 liveries again) for the 77W not making it into 20.2

The Inspiration of Japan – Your Gateway to Land of Buzzling Streets & Neon Lights; 日本

Photographer: Keiichi EgawaPhoto: JetPhotos

4 Likes

I think especially right now it would be really nice to be able to fly the ANA 787-9 aircraft.
I mean the 78X is great too, but it just lacks the range of the 789 so some flights like RJTT-KIAD subbing the 78X isn’t that great.
I know there really isn’t any path forward for this livery to be added, but I’d like it to at least be in the back for some people’s minds so we don’t make the same mistake as the 77W, not getting enough early support.

3 Likes

Yes, 100% agree!! The 78X isn’t used that often IRL anyways, while the 789 is put into multiple international routes. And yes, we should start early support so that this will get added in the next 787 updates…

4 Likes

The trick is to show the support from the beginning and all the way through. That itself really show they this is some many people really want and it doesn’t go under the radar.

1 Like

Yeah, if I’m not mistaken, they just have two in service, lol. ANA always seems to be done dirty, lol. I’d be happy if they added this, though I think they need to also add working instruments, basically a rework–that would be great.

2 Likes

Yea lol there should be more ANA liveries, personally, I really want the 737, 767 and 789

1 Like

The 767 would definitely be a great addition. I mainly did this request as I felt ANA noticeable lacking long-haul aircraft in IF.

Now both Japanese airlines’ ANA and JAL lack in International route coverage when it come to what aircraft’s has their livery on them in IF, but at least JAL got the 789, ANA didn’t and ANA being the launch customer of the Dreamliner (-8, not -9, but still 787), I reckon we should have this livery as it would open up a new world or medium to long-haul International routes, and some very interesting and very useful ones irl operations that enhance the realism for those seeking that within IF :)

I would’ve preferred ANA livery on the 789 rather than the 78X especially since the 789 is the mid to long haul work horse for ANA the 78X doesn’t even operate much to Singapore anymore of
which it was its destination early on but now the 789 operates that route as well along with
Singapore Airlines 78X meanwhile ANA’s 78X is set to operate domestic flights starting from 2022 I guess that’s to compete against JAL’s A350!

non the less I think ANA is stuck in IF when its comes to long haul market considering the fact that it’s the biggest 787 operator and yet we only got one ANA livery on the 787 which happened to be on the 78X lol

2 Likes

Why don’t we have the livery of the biggest B787 operator? ANA only has 2 B78X while it has 36 788 and 789 each… Cmon IF

1 Like

I really do like the 78X as an aircraft, but for ANA it just doesn’t fit very well. The ANA B789 wouldn’t do very much in terms of domestic routes, but for the medium and long haul sector it would do wonders.
I mean I can name a bunch of flights just off the top of my head;
RJTT-PHNL
RJTT-CYVR
RJTT-LFPG
RJAA-EBBR
RJAA- VIDP
RJAA-YPPH

And for the flights in Asia there is
RJTT-RPLL
RJTT-VHHH
RJAA-WMKK
RJAA-WIII

There’s probably even more. This would be an excellent addition!

3 Likes