All Nippon Airways Boeing 787-9

All Nippon Airways (ANA) Boeing 787-9 ( JA876A)

Photographer: chenchen666Photo: JetPhotos

~The Beggning & Expansion of All Nippon Airways~

** All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. (ANA) 27 December 1952, is the largest airline in Japan by revenues and passenger numbers. Its headquarters are located in Shiodome City Center in the Shiodome area of Minato ward of Tokyo. It operates services to both domestic and international destinations from its Main hub at Tokyo (Haneda) International Airport, Narita International Airport, with Secondary hubs at Osaka (Itami) International Airport, Kansai International Airport, and several Focus cities around Japan, such as; Nagoya, Fukuoka, Naha, Hokkaido and had more than 20,000 employees as of March 2016. In May 2010, ANA’s total passenger traffic was up year-on-year by 7.8%, and its international services grew by 22% to 2.07 million passengers in the first five months of 2010.
ANA’s started as Japan Helicopter and Aeroplane Transports Company (日本ヘリコプター輸送 – Nippon Herikoputā Yusō), also known as Nippon Helicopter and Aeroplane, an airline company founded on 27 December 1952. Nippon Helicopter was the source of what would later be ANA’s International Air Transport Association (IATA) airline code, NH.

NH began helicopter services in February 1953. On 15 December 1953, it operated its first cargo flight between Osaka and Tokyo using a de Havilland Dove, JA5008. This was the first scheduled flight flown by a Japanese pilot in postwar Japan. And in December 1957 Nippon Helicopter changed its name to All Nippon Airways Company.

Between the 1960s - 2000s, ANA grew rapidly both domestically, and internationally, by purchasing Lockheed L-1011s, Boeing 747-200s, Boeing 767s, A320s, A321s, and Boeing 747-400s, with the introduction of new routes; Tokyo-Sapporo and Tokyo-Fukuoka, and new destinations; Guam, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., Paris, London–Heathrow, Dalian, Hong Kong, Sydney, Beijing, Saipan, New York–JFK, and in 1999, becoming a Member of Star Alliance.

~The Present Day of All Nippon Airways~

ANA was the launch customer for the new Boeing widebody, the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, ordering 50 examples with an option for 50 more during April 2004. ANA split the order between 30 of the short-range 787-3 and 20 of the long haul 787-8. However, ANA later converted its -3 orders to the -8 variant, with deliveries finally began in late 2011 when ANA received its first Boeing 787 on 21 September, the first-ever Dreamliner to be delivered in the world. ANA flew its first Boeing 787 passenger flight on 26 October 2011, which operated as a charter flight from Tokyo Narita to Hong Kong. ANA also became the second airline to receive the Boeing 787-9 on 28 July 2014. Despite being second, the airline preceded launch customer Air New Zealand for the first commercial flight on the 787-9, a unique sightseeing charter for Japanese and American schoolchildren on 4 August.

In July 2011, All Nippon Airways and AirAsia agreed to form a low-cost carrier, called AirAsia Japan, based at Tokyo’s Narita International Airport. And when AirAsia withdrew from the joint venture; the airline was subsequently rebranded as Vanilla Air. A few years later, In March 2018, All Nippon Airways announced the integration of its two low-cost carrier subsidiaries Peach Aviation and Vanilla Air into one entity retaining the Peach name.

On 29 January 2019, ANA Holdings purchased a 9.5% stake in PAL Holdings, Philippine Airlines’ parent company, for a total of US $95 million.

~Hounory Awards & Special Liveries of ANA~

Throughout the years, many ANA aircraft has been painted in Special Liveries:

• Six Star Alliance Liveries: Two B772s, One B77W, One B763, One B738 and One B789
  • Five Pokémon-themed Jets: Three B744s, One B763 and One B773
  • Four Star Wars-themed Jets: One B787-9 in an R2-D2 Livery; One B77W in a BB-8 Livery; One B763 in a mixed R2-D2 and BB-8 Livery; and One B772 in a C-3PO Livery.
  • In 2019, Three Airbus A380-800s were painted in three different ANA Flying Honu Liveries.

ANA is one of the worlds leading airlines, especially in one criterion where they shine remarkably; Punctuality. In 2006, the airline was recognised by FlightOnTime.info as the most punctual scheduled airline between London and Tokyo for the last four consecutive years, based on official British statistics. On 10 November of the same year, ANA also announced “Inspiration of Japan”, ANA’s newest international flight concept, with redesigned cabins initially launched on its 777-300ER aircraft.

Being one of the worlds leading airlines, also brings the airline other significant awards, besides the spot-on punctuality. ANA has since 2013, been a seven-time, consecutive awarded, 5-star rated airline, by Skytrax, and ranked 3rd, in 2019 for improved skills by airline employees, brand new amenity-kit for First Class, automated baggage check-in at Fukuoka in addition to Haneda and New Chitose’s existing ones and for expanding Lounge areas at Tokyo (Haneda) Int’l and Narita Int’l Airport.

All Nippon Airways

Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Tokyo (Haneda) International Airport – Narita International Airport

Skytrax

Thank You for reading through this Features Request!

If you wish to see Japan’s Largest Airline, All Nippon Airways (ANA)'s Boeing 787-9, a modern twin-engine jet in Infinite Flight, then don’t forget to press on the blue Vote button!

Wait… we don’t have this in IF? I swear we did, let me check oh wait no is not there?.??.?.?.?.😩 anyyyyways you got my vote!

2 Likes

Of the three Dreamliner, We have the ANA Livery on the 787-10, and for the 777-family, on the -200ER only :)

Thank You for your Support Sasha!

1 Like

Also, it’s a great feature request but how long did it take you? Hours?

2 Likes

I have the Format sheet saved, but I always have to change a lot of thing for each feature request, so despite just copy and pasting the format, it took me 2.5 hrs to make it perfect :)

1 Like

All Nippon Airways (ANA)

With The Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics nearing by each day that passes by, JAL and ANA, the two Biggest Airlines in Japan have announced New Established Routes to come, and for some existing routes, there will be more frequent flights, per day or week. ANA will be utilizing their Boeing 787-9’s on some of these newly established routes, as well as, possibly increasing the use of the 787-9 with more departures, on routes where they already to operate the 787-9.

One route that is confirmed so far, Haneda to Stockholm–Arlanda, that is a brand new route to ANA’s network and will be using the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. Casting your vote for the ANA 787-9 will allow for you to fly from HND to ARN, in Infinite Flight in the Future.

For more information regarding the New routes, JAL and ANA plan to launch next year as well as some of the more request flights they are scheduled to do from already existing destinations, check out @Ishrion’s thread below!

5 Likes

I never vote anyways, so take my vote.

1 Like

This has got to be the most detailed feature request ever. Why do you always lecture us sensei? 🤔

3 Likes

Many Thanks for the Support!! Also, Love your thread you made about the JAL and ANA’s new announced routes, it did give me a push to go-ahead and making this request.

Quote: Wisdom Is Taught Through Life Experiences, Not For What You Know, By Basis & Facts 👴

3 Likes

I would love the Star Wars liveries 😍😍

2 Likes

Anyone would but due to Strict Copyright and Terms of Use/Guidelines, Star Wars liveries is not something we’ll see in Infinite Flight in a long time, if ever… unfortunately. But who knows, maybe Disney will loosen up their rules or maybe they won’t… only time will tell, but for now, and from what it has looked like in the past decades… I doubt…

1 Like

That’s sad 😢

2 Likes

You got my vote from upcoming All Nippon Virtual’s side.

1 Like

Yes! Definitely a needed livery in IF. Good request, JR (and a good essay too). You have my vote!

2 Likes

yes I would vote but no votes left!!

2 Likes

If you ever find yourself having a spare vote, then do please consider casting it on this livery, but any kind of support is highly appreciated, Thanks 😄

Thank You @TaipeiGuru!! And btw, fun story, I was a convention today, and I got some information regarding me possibly studying in Taipei in the future :)

2 Likes

@KIND9624, @RTW1230, @Takahashi, you all may want to vote for this B787-9 ANA livery :)

Edit: @KIND9624, already saw that you voted!

2 Likes

Thank You Ran, for a massive support ❤️

1 Like

You’re welcome! :)

1 Like

We need this (and the -8) in this livery ASAP. (Sorry I cant vote though I dont have any left)

2 Likes