All economy seating on an A380? Thats what this airline was planning!

Full economy @AlphaSeven

1 Like

Oh, I see. Personally never heard of that before!

1 Like

I am just lazy when typing on my phone.

1 Like

This would have been a horror story for the airline if it went through with this plan. Glad they abandoned this plan, for the well-being of the airline.

1 Like

Skymark also planned this an actually bought an A380, went bankrupt, and denied the order.

1 Like

That flight and all the people would have driven me mad :)

1 Like

That’s A LOT of people, and a plane I wouldn’t want to be on.

Didn’t Airbus market the A380 for an all economy layout to Japanese airlines like JAL and ANA? These airlines already had the 747-400D with 500-600 passengers on them, and domestic Japanese flights are such high capacity routes, so an all economy A380 would make sense for them, although not sure if it would’ve been profitable…

Oh, and actually as @anon45500775 said Skymark was actually going to do this but had to get rid of the planes due to bankruptcy.

1 Like

Me: walks all 100 rows to the back to look at the boarding pass and realize my seat is at the front, then fighting people traffic to the front

This idea would have really complicated everything.

1 Like

Imagine how long boarding would take.

1 Like

Seems like a decent idea to me. As long as they fill up, it might have worked.

1 Like

Since Air Austral isn’t the biggest airline ever there is nooo way that concept would have worked out. Abandoning that idea was the right thing to do and saved a lot of money by doing so.

I couldn’t ever imagine an a380 with all economy seating tho!

1 Like

840 seats on an A380 - yeah…no thanks

1 Like

Hahaha, I agree 🤣 I’d rather be in the cargo hold lol

1 Like

Haha yeah much more space

1 Like

The A380 is built for luxury! Not for budget purposes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.