Alisport Silent 2 Electro
The Electro is technically a glider, however, it has an electric motor, and it can self-launch. The development team wouldn’t have to work on a tow system, and we still get an awesome gliding experience.
- The airframe is mostly composed of carbon-fiber, and the wing features flaperons.
- It has retractable main landing gear, with a purchasable steering option.
- The nose-mounted propellor folds into the fuselage to reduce drag whilst gliding.
- The engine can be started at any time during the flight, easily.
- VERY easy to navigate the cockpit.
Overall, I think that this could be a great option for future consideration by the devs. We don’t have gliders yet, and I think this could be a great way to get into them without the extra work. What do you think?
Specifications (Electro 2)
- Crew: one
- Length: 6.35 m (20 ft 10 in)
- Wingspan: 13.3 m (43 ft 8 in)
- Height: 1.25 m (4 ft 1 in)
- Wing area: 8.9 m2 (96 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 20:1
- Airfoil: 16% IMD 050
- Empty weight: 205 kg (452 lb)
- Gross weight: 315 kg (694 lb)
Propellers: 2-bladed composite, 1.0 m (3 ft 3 in) diameter
Performance (Electro 2)
- Stall speed: 65 km/h (40 mph, 35 kn)
- Never Exceed Speed: 220 km/h (140 mph, 120 kn)
- g limits: +5.3 g / -2.65 g at 150 km/h and 315 kg
- Maximum glide ratio: 40:1 at 90 km/h (56 mph)
- Rate of climb: 2.0 m/s (390 ft/min)
- Rate of sink: 0.6 m/s (120 ft/min) at 85 km/h (53 mph)
Wing loading: 35.4 kg/m2 (7.3 lb/sq ft)
Some other information/videos:
Thanks for looking, if you liked it, drop a vote!