Alaska Virtual IF Discountinued

As you may know, Alaska Virtual has been inactive for about the past 5 months. Because of this, we are sad to say that Alaska Virtual will be discontinued on IF and re-opening on Microsoft Flight Simulator X or more known as FSX. The Alaska Virtual IF website is no longer being used as a new one which will be used in the new VA community we are moving to has recently finished construction. The Alaska Virtual IF community account will no longer be in use and it would be appreciated if a moderator would delete content posted on the IF community by the account. For info on a future existing IF Alaska Virtual, i recommend you contact @tranquil_skyflyer. Thanks - Alaska Virtual FSX

8 Likes

#Both Alaska Airlines will be shut down.

7 Likes

Sorry to see you being closed down. Wish you all the best with your change to FSX,

3 Likes

Why? Infinite Flight is so much better than FSX.

4 Likes

Sorry to see you being closed down, from BA.

3 Likes

Best wishes. Would have loved to see you guys in my va event but that’s okay :/

2 Likes

I’m really sorry for your decision, It’s nice to see Alaska Virtual in here though. In the name of all IFSIAVA members, I wish you All the best and wish you luck for your future Alaska Airlines VA in FSX

2 Likes

Sorry to see you go and hope your transition to FSX is smooth - Virgin Australia Virtual Group (on behalf of @Riley)

3 Likes

Wrong.
Don’t let your opinions get in the way of the truth.

Anyway, best wishes on FSX!

5 Likes

So sad to see you guys shut down, best of luck on your future endeavours
Louis

2 Likes

FSX isn’t even updating anymore, Microsoft shut them down years ago. Don’t let Your opinions get in the way of the truth.

1 Like

Best of luck from United Virtual!

1 Like

Frankly not a good comparison, what you’re doing here is comparing a pc game that has all the controls a real plane has and a mobile game that only has a few controls

4 Likes

I’m loyal to my simulator:-)

2 Likes

Good Luck on FSX!

This sucks! I thought we were still active I was still flying for the VA. Someone tell me how to start a VA, or how I can takeover Alaska Virtual please?

Your first port of call should be to become TL2 which I see you already are. Next you should contact either @NEO or @Ben_Schenk (one or the other) from the IFVARB who will make sure your VA is not already taken and that you can reserve it. Next I suggest you create a website with a good representation of your VA’s aims and goals. After that publish your work on the forum in one thread and try to keep your threads to a minimum. I wish you good luck!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.