Alaska Horizon Dash 8 Q-400 (Comfortably Greener Livery)

Photo Copyright © Horizon Air

SEATTLE – Horizon Air’s newest Bombardier Q400 (registered N439QX), entering service this week, is sporting an eye-catching “Comfortably Greener” livery that spotlights the aircraft’s lower environmental impact compared to similar-size jets.

Horizon’s 76-seat Q400 uses 30 to 40 percent less fuel and produces 30 to 40 percent less carbon emissions than comparable jet aircraft.

“At Horizon Air and its sister airline, Alaska Airlines, we’re dedicated to reducing our impact on the environment,” said Dan Russo, Horizon vice president of marketing and communications. “One major way we’re doing that is by flying highly fuel-efficient aircraft.”

The new Q400 is the first of two with the “Comfortably Greener” livery. The second will arrive in December.

In 2007, Horizon announced its intention to transition to a single fleet of Q400s, in large part because of the aircraft’s greater fuel efficiency. Horizon is currently hoping to achieve a single-type fleet by the end of 2013. Presently, the airline operates 39 Q400s and 18 CRJ-700 regional jets.

http://www.nycaviation.com/2009/11/horizon-air-unveils-‘comfortably-greener-q400-livery/

23 Likes

I like this more than the current Alaska Dash-8 Q400 livery on Infinite Flight. 😎🇦🇺

5 Likes

Thanks for adding the copyright notice! Nice livery by the way! :)

4 Likes

You are welcome @Adrien.
@Aussie_Wombat me too i liked more than the current one in IF.

3 Likes

It does look clean. And green.

2 Likes

they dedicated to reducing the impact on the environment @anon31652286

2 Likes

Looks like a flying lime.

3 Likes

Looking good!

1 Like

I love this livery!

1 Like

Comfortably Greener was a livery released by Horizon years ago. They repainted it to a regular paint a few years back, glad to see it’s coming back! This and the 25th anniversary paint were my favorite by Horizon.

3 Likes

I Personally liked this livery and also in infinity flight I didn’t see a green livery supporting the environmental impact . It will be a great feature if the the DV add some green livery supporting the environment .

1 Like

Ohh, my eyes! 😫 That plane is just too bright green!

1 Like

The lime green machine

3 Likes

Looks soooo nice

2 Likes