Alaska Airlines to Start Flights to Belize

Alaska Airlines to Start Flights to Belize

Source
Alaska Airlines will start service to the country of Belize in Central America starting letter in 2021. With this latest expansion, it will also be taking on more 737-9MAX aircraft as the year progresses as well as some more E175s.

“Our guests are eager for more eco-friendly leisure destinations, especially as they get vaccinated, and we’re ready to offer them terrific options," said Brett Catlin, Alaska Airlines vice president of network and alliances. “Belize offers an unbeatable mix of sensational beaches, iconic cayes and rich heritage.”

The routes will be from the west coast, but the exact origins of the flights is currently not known, and it will be released in June.

18 Likes

I don’t blame then, Belize is beautiful

That pun they made… smh my head

Sounds interesting! Belize is stunning

That some amazing News!

Great to hear the additional MAXes! Will be cool to see AS in Belize!

I hope Portland will get a few of these flights! I’ve kind of wanted to visit Central America!

Alaska doesnt actually own/operate 175s. Instead the planes are painted in Alaska colors and flown on Alaska routes but are operated by Skywest and Horizon

Correct, but they are ordering more from Skywest who is ordering more/using extra supply from Embraer.

Alaska will begin Belize flights on November 19 with twice weekly flights to Seattle and four weekly flights to Los Angeles.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.