Alaska Airlines joins Oneworld

Hello IFC,
In the midst of interesting aviation news, it seems that Alaska has joined the Oneworld alliance? Did I expect it? No. Do I like it? Yes. Hotel? Trivago.

I really hope I followed the guidelines, and share your thoughts, what do you think about this? I at least, think it’s beneficial as more people can connect with Alaska and their partners, but they also might have a chance at reducing Delta’s hub in SEA.

35 Likes

It intends to join by Summer 2021, but that’s great news for OneWorld loyalty program members and passengers travelling with OneWorld airlines!

Some background:

6 Likes

Noooo. I would have much rathered (and expected) them to join SkyTeam.

2 Likes

Well they already have an agreement with AA, so… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don’t forget about Alaska’s partnership with JAL, Cathay, Fiji, British Airways, Qantas, and more.

4 Likes

Yep, that’s all true, I could just only remember the AA one off the top of my head, One World definitely makes more sense for them, thanks for adding the rest…

Aye Alaska oneworld livery lol

6 Likes

Because Alaska is joining One World, American will be adding 2 routes from Alaska’s Seattle hub:

• Bengaluru Kempegowda International Airport (BLR/VOBL)
  • London Heathrow (LHR/EGLL)
2 Likes

Topic on that:

1 Like

😱 i wanted Skyteam! But congrats Alaska!!

first american airlines international is to bangalore in october!

Who’s ready for the beautiful Alaska Airlines One World Livery?

This is the only rendering I could find:

stock_as_738_oneworld

13 Likes

Ew. Just ew. Why, Alaska was like one of the only major airlines not in an alliance…

But I mean I guess cheaper BA flights. But still…

1 Like

Mine was before @Ishrion btw.

Kinda a meh looking livery.

But apart from that, although I didn’t expect it at all, congrats to Alaska Airlines!

I think he was replying to Bert’s post regarding the new routes, not specifically AS joining OW.

1 Like

Ik, but since the routes were also a result of Alaska joining the alliance, I thought I’d put them here

Ohhhhh, ok
I understand now, thanks @Ishrion and @BigBert10

Anyone know why they chose Bangalore? Seems like kind of a niche for Seattle.