Alaska Airlines Announces Four New Routes

Alaska Airlines Announces Four New Routes Between California, and Montana

Alaska Airlines has just announced four new routes from California, to Montana.
  • Los Angeles (KLAX) ➝ Kalispell (KFCA)
    2X Weekly
    May 20, 2021 ➝ September 7, 2021

• San Diego (KSAN) ➝ Kalispell (KFCA)
    3X Weekly

• San Diego (KSAN) ➝ Bozeman (KBZN)
    5X Weekly

• San Francisco (KSFO) ➝ Bozeman (KBZN)
    1X Weekly
    June 17, 2021 ➝ September 7, 2021

Does anybody else think its weird that they’re doing more flights to San Diego? I never knew that San Diego had a bigger market to Montana, than Los Angeles and San Francisco. What are your thoughts? Let me down below!

Sources

Alaska Airlines Announces Four New Routes
N193SY | Embraer 170-200LR

9 Likes

Some more routes from my hometown KSAN glad to see Alaskan opening more from KSAN

1 Like

Same here! San Diego is a beautiful city, I hope to visit It someday!

1 Like

I’m very excited about these new announcements! Can’t wait till they start service!

2 Likes

Alaska Airlines.

”Where none of our routes are actually in Alaska.”

3 Likes

it very good news that things are improving, when Airlines announce new routes, cruises are starting up, and the travel industry as a whole is rebounding!

1 Like

Los Angeles and San Francisco are still likely bigger markets for Montana than San Diego. Alaska is simply aiming for wherever they see underserved potential, such as the new SAN routes.

Los Angeles already has large Montana capacity with five carriers on LAX-BZN (Allegiant, AA, Alaska, United, JetBlue) and two on LAX-FCA (AA, UA). LAX to Missoula has four carriers (Allegiant, AA, Alaska, United).

SFO-BZN is only served by United, essentially only because it’s their hub and no other U.S. carrier is willing to launch SFO-BZN other than Alaska, who has a notable presence there.

3 Likes

If Alaska could fly to Sydney that would be great, two fuel stops each way is nothing!

3 Likes

So happy to see some more new routes to my home airports… Airlines are really outdoing themselves in Montana this year. BZN is supposed to have 50% more available seats this year than their previous record in 2019. It’s great to have so many options, and the plane spotting will be wild, but I don’t know if there is enough demand to keep it going for very long.

At BZN atleast, I think the only reason they’re only doing once weekly to SFO is because United has daily mainline service there (sometimes even 2 flights a day), there’s just not enough demand for both. Allegiant flies to SAN, but that’s only bi-weekly, so I think it evens out as a little more for SFO.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.