Alaska Air Cargo Introduces World's First Converted 737-700

Alaska Air Cargo defínetely is quite interesting. They also fly some unique 737-800 variants, most notably a half cargo half passenger variant that they use to connect small isolated towns in Alaska (most notably Barrow is one of them).

Yes, this is indeed a fact. Now that the -400Cs are soon to be gone, I wonder what Alaska Airlines is going to do with those routes that once used the Combi jet. I assume they’ll just use a normal 737-700 but I’m more geared towards the Horizon Air Dash 8 being used on said routes.

We’ll see what they decide to do, though, in due time.

1 Like

This topic is proudly sponsored by @FlyFi. ☺️👋

In other news, this is gorgeous and very interesting… a cargo aircraft with split scimitars, how about that?

1 Like

That is one beautiful jet…let’s go find the feature request now.

1 Like

Not the -400Q replacement! I am sort of mad at this aircraft because I really wanted to ride on the milk run being operated by a combi

A cargo 737 with split scimitars will look perfect. I’ve never seen such a new looking 737F before.

You are absolutely correct. I love the new Alaska Airlines livery, in general. :)

1 Like

I have had the opportunity of flying on the Alaska -400C with a load of cargo in the front. It was recent, on my way to college in fact. I would post pictures, but I think that would be off-topic. I think I might make a feature request for the plane or livery…

1 Like

That’s the smallest cargo plane I’ve seen

Amazing Aircraft with that Livery!! Definitely one of the better sleek liveries I’ve seen. 😍😍 🤙🏾🇦🇺🍻

EDIT: I realised lately that this wasn’t a features request. 🙈🙊

Has a features request been made? Would be amazing in IF.

1 Like

Are you sure? These are just two smaller examples.
40A6AD51-2377-4120-A66E-D0C5BEDACA78

3 Likes

Please someone do a feature request on that plane! I’d love an AS737 combi

You can do that when you are TL 2 ;)

1 Like

KLM indeed still uses 747-400 Combi aircraft on select routes. As far as I know, it isn’t necessarily dependant on destination although I think KLAX sees the combi often as it is one of KLM’s destination it’s twice daily service, so the airline doesn’t need as much room for passenger seats. They also operated them to Johannesburg, before the route was changed to a 777-200er/300er service.

Ah I see now, it makes a lot of sense especially on the route to KLAX. I knew I was correct. Thanks for this information, sir! :)

I just made a features request for this livery here

2 Likes

That I’ve seen I do t go out that much

Just a FYI they won’t install splits, it was a concept at the time

Working at Seatac for Alaska’s ground crew I will miss the 400C and F but its time for something new and better

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.