Alaska 737 MAX Confirmed!

When the process of this specific aircraft resumes, I’m sure the finished product will look very cool and good looking considering the Alaska livery is a nice looking livery just in general in my opinion.

I agree with this

And if airlines in the US were only to purchase planes from their own country, then how could those airlines possibly have a modern fleet and extensive route network. Certain planes can fly to certain places, some can’t.

Although if US airlines were to buy exclusively Boeing aircraft it would help the economy, it would in no way help the airlines

1 Like

Wouldn’t hurt Southwest lol

1 Like

Wouldn’t say the A320 is better. I have flown on the Max and the Neo, and the Max is by far a smoother and quieter ride.

1 Like

Southwest flies one aircraft type, the airlines I am referring to don’t, such as Alaska.

EasyJet and Southwest both have lots of pros from doing this, but for an airline with many different planes of all sizes, and many transoceanic flights, it helps to have different aircraft with different abilities

Right, I am aware they are built in America. However, the profits still go back overseas.

1 Like

Yeah I understand that. Both of those airlines are also budget airlines which helps that scenario.

1 Like

The profits that Boeing make go to their shareholders, just as Airbus’ profits go to their shareholders in France. Their profits are spent in France which goes to the French economy. Again, economics are extremely complicated and secretive and we will probably never know where all of the money is spent. Thank you for your input.

1 Like

You could say that they boost the American economy but that talk is for another day.

Nice chat.

1 Like

Nice! Too bad it’s in this situation tho…

1 Like

The profits going overseas aren’t a concern. It’s who it goes to, anyway what does matter is jobs, that’s the prime reason you hear one being chosen over another but Airbus is a large US employer also, besides in aviation the airline won’t usually let this bias into the decision, governments yes. They will likely pick what’s best for them, efficiency, labour force, discounts etc

Besides having looked at both major shareholders Boeing has the typical nasty corporations behind it, Airbus not quite so. 24% or so is owned by European countries and a few others are companies like BAE

2 Likes

Anyone has an idea when the Boeing 737 MAX gets un grounded? I love Airbus myself but the B737 MAX is a nice aircraft

Estimates say maybe August at the earliest, could be longer we really don’t know. Depends on when the “update” is approved

The update… Well Boeing screwed the second time up so they are gonna have to go through some serious testing before airborne again.

1 Like

I was thinking soon but some sources say it will be surprising if it’s flying before Christmas so I don’t know. The FAA found issues with the B787 yesterday so I believe they are taking the log and thorough route and will look at every single thing, rightfully so.

1 Like

Yesterday?! So now the B787 is having issues? I am quite outdated it seems like

1 Like

there are different benefits to each aircraft and it just choosing the aircraft with the most/best benefits for you, right now the A320 is probably the better aircraft because it can fly but as well having a mixed fleet allows for better redundancy when something like the max happens as they can just fly the other type of plane (the A320NEO)

1 Like

There are lots of US companies doing the same thing. If you want to live by this rule, we’ll stop buying US branded cars, breakfast cereal, ketchup, soft drinks etc. And you can definitely keep your chicken washed in chlorine. 😂

2 Likes

22% are unhappy?

1 Like

I was at Aviation day 2018 and was talking to one of the execs of Horizon who was there and they dropped the bomb on the Max-9s. They also ordered a couple of Max-10s.

2 Likes