Airways?

@Aernout. I’m honored by your undeserved kind words Sir.
Regards, Max Sends

Are the degrees of the airways somewhere to be found?
When flying without a FP it would be nice to know the exact heading for each airway.

1 Like

@Jan_Polet there isn’t right now they aren’t even labeled at the moment

1 Like

Shame.
Are they based on real life airways?
If so, is there a list with labels and degrees?

Yea they are you will have to look at the low IFR and high IFR charts for the region your in

2 Likes

I’ll try to find those through Google. Thanks!

1 Like

@Jan_Polet. Try AirNav.com or FltPlanGo.com Jan. Download them to your home screen & if you use an IPAD/phone build a file with everything IF related in it. Max

3 Likes

@Jan_Polet… No Flight Plan, bad juju!/lazy. The FAA & ICAO require a Flight Plan be filed by every commercial Carrier and anyone flying IMC. There is an FAA change notice out which asks for comments on a new rule which will r esquire Plan filing for all, IMC/VMC. GA are resisting the change but it will eventually be implement this year. It may have been already. Max

1 Like

@Maxmustang: Sometimes I’ve made a FP, but halfway my route ATC of the destination airport quits.
When another airports does still have ATC I change my destination. It’s then just a straight line, but I’d like to use the airways. :)

@Jan_Polet… ike to use the airways for a refile. Ok, Take the time and use them. The straight line procedure your useing get you to a destination only. Refiling fix to fix get you to the localizer IP when IMC accurately every time. Don’t short cut unless your VFR. Flying a trash hauler you alway file, modify enroute, refile, proceed on course. Trash Haulers fly IMC Nav only. Max

(Exception; No Tower/Radar-radio Assist like ILS etc. the wise trash hauler may go VFR when he checks into restricted airspace but still followed the Flight Plan which include the Approach Plate data always)

4 Likes

I could use a ‘Max Decoder’ so I can figure out exactly what you mean. I get a lot of it, but not everything. 😉

@Jan_Polet… Max Sez… Ya gotta learn the lingo Jan. It’s all in the free FAA “Pilots Operating Handbook” at faa.com. Eg: IMC ( Instrument Meteorological Conditions) =IFR etc. or you can just google unknown terminology like “Vref”
Give it a shot, spend some time on research and less on bloviating. I use a technical term translator all the time. Here’s another what’s an “N1”

1 Like

I do a lot of research already. Can’t do it all at once. It takes time. :)
And you do talk sort of in riddles sometimes. ;)

1 Like

That’s why we love Max.

1 Like

And that’s why I need a decrypter. ;)

2 Likes

MaxSez… It’s all in the minds eye of the beholder Jan! It always a logical string, just brake it down piece by piece.

1 Like