Airways in the Flight Planner

Am I correct in understanding that the flight planner doesn’t take into account airways? I ask, because I’m not sure if I should be adding each fix along an airway if it’s a long airway. I’m wanting to simulate realism as much as I can but I don’t know if I should be adding fixes along the way in the airway to truly stay on course or if that really matters. Thanks!

Airways was removed from IF before Global was released.

It’s up to you if you add fixes to the fpl or not.

1 Like

This is a tutorial I made just for this ;)

1 Like

Awesome! I’ve been using skyvector to plan legs of a World Tour I’ve been doing. I’ll give your tutorial a look. Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome! Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

@Skybear… Much to my regret airways where deleted from the Chart along with established Centers for ATC when Global was activated. I understand the reason Centers where muted, a Manning problem apparently. However the loss of airways resulted in Gaggle Shotgun en-route’s and terrible sequencing, long lines for departure and a gandy dance upon arrival.
Airways particularly the high altitude routes should/could ezly be applied to the Chart, overlay’(s) work for me. Airways exist, there use is required for commercial IFR operations, they should be reconsidered for the next iteration. (Add “Holding’s” to your build out considerations if you please.)
Regards, Max

2 Likes