Airstairs ("tunnel"/roof shape)

I think it would be cool to have such airstairs type added on IF for some empty remote gates at 3D airport for instance. These are present on many airport through the world so it would help for more realism.

89270d7acb591460a7b89acf47c897be15ef9747_2_820x546

Credits : Official 21.8 & Airbus A220-300 Tracking Thread - #1585 by Q-ENAN , photo taken by @Q-ENAN (I asked him permission to use the pic for this topic).

We currently have one type of airstairs on IF and some are not really in the good height. If added , I hope these ones will be at the good height to the aircraft door. A second airstairs type would enhance airport content :p .

More and more airport are getting 3D, why not include this where needed ^^ ?

Of course there are different tunnel airstairs which don’t exactly look like the one in the picture but it’s about the general shape, not the brand.

So please, drop a vote for this or support it if you like it!

This would be cool

6 Likes

Thanks man !

Btw to people who read this,

That’s what I meant, if these get added I hope this problem won’t occur.

Thanks to @IF-Mallorca for pointing it out!

2 Likes

You got my vote!

2 Likes

Would be a nice feature, especially for airports without jetways, got my vote.

3 Likes

Voted ;D Remotes wouldn’t seem so bland anymore

3 Likes

Voted for this,looks interesting!

2 Likes

That°s nice! There are plenty of different designs I think it would be even better if they add variety of airstairs randomly in every airport.

2 Likes

I voted that’s a great idea

2 Likes

Voted! Good idea!

2 Likes

wow, I love this. Nice idea. Realism will improve

voted

2 Likes

Hey @LKA !

Very good idea as always 😁 You have my vote ;)
See you !

2 Likes

good idea !

2 Likes

Voted. We need some stairs with a rooftop 😬

2 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the height of the airstairs is changeable and the airport editors use their editing software to set the height of each one. This will probably change in the future so that, when animations come, they will be at the right height of the plane.

1 Like

Oh ok , I see but the point of that topic is mostly about the roof shape ^^
I just wrote it like because of that topic Oaxaca MMOX - Airstairs proportion

2 Likes

That’s a nice idea!

2 Likes

Credits on the pic.

Since we recently got the A220, here’s another example of these stairs at LFPG with the A220.

@Gaby_clt please revote (Corsair A333 c’est impossible)

6 Likes

arton6887477

Those New Airstairs will look amazing ! It will be a great addition and will diversify the 3D objets !

6 Likes

This is really interesting, and would be amazing to have them!

2 Likes